chapter 19

"Was it important?" Louis asked, his eyes holding no amount of judgement.

I came up with a lie on the spot. "Yeah, family problems." To emphasize my annoyance, I rolled my eyes and sighed. "I have to leave soon."

Louis watched me, disappointment clear in his eyes. I wasn't sure if he believed my lie. Probably not, 'family problems' was an excuse many people used to get away. Shit, I should try this 'think before talk' thing.

"Okay," he replied in defeat. The sad look in his eyes nearly made me call Harry and tell him to go to hell.

The lower half of Louis' body was covered with a blanket. He sat upright, his abs clearly visible. My eyes flickered to his tattoo yet again. "It Is What It Is." Five simple words with a strong meaning. As I met Louis' eyes, I couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to be in an actual relationship with him. He would probably take me out on cute dates and cuddle with me while I complain about college. My parents would love him and he might even get along with Adrian. Will there ever be more between us? Louis was everything you wished for in a guy: he was sweet, charming, caring, lovely, nice and simply perfect.

Was I falling in love?

"Zoey?" Louis spoke up, smiling at me, clearly amused by my blatant staring.

I tried to appear unaffected. "Yes?"

"I asked if someone's going to get you?"

"Yep." I texted Harry the address a few minutes ago and told him to wait outside. There was no need for him to run into Louis now. Or ever, for that matter.

I was reluctant to go but again, my will didn't count. Harry better had a good explanation or I'd go all Sharkeisha on him.

I checked my phone the same second Louis started talking. "What..." He stopped. I looked up, wanting him to continue. When he didn't, I pushed a bit. "What...? What were you about to say?"

"Never mind, it seems silly now," he answered, his cheeks slightly blushed.

"Tell me," I demanded, face all serious.

He sighed. "What do you think about going on a real date? Like, I could take you out somewhere. I just... It's stupid, I know. Just forget it," he said, avoiding my eyes.

I sat down on the bed next to him and placed a hand under his chin to lift it up. "It's not. I would love it," I told him, meaning every word.

He smiled again, his teeth showing. His smile was genuine and beautiful, I immediately smiled along.

My phone vibrated in my hands. It was Harry, telling me he was waiting outside.

"I have to go," I told Louis and leaned down to place a kiss on his soft lips. His hands stroked my cheeks and our kiss lingered longer than a normal goodbye-kiss.

I stood up, packed my things and left the room. Louis watched me the whole time and right before I closed the door to his room, I looked back at this beautiful boy who was still naked under the blanket. I threw him another kiss and left. My heart felt heavier.

I collected my bag from the living room and took my time to get downstairs. I hated when someone ruined my plans.

A chilly breeze greeted me outside and I shivered. Harry had parked his car right in front of the apartment and I stepped right in, not bothering to knock or anything.

"The plan was to..." Harry began.

"Hello to you to," I sarcastically retarded.

"Hi. So, the plan was to bring you back home but I thought about it and decided we're going to my place," he declared, confidence clear in his voice.