chapter 6

I jerked my head away.

Harry blinked in confusion, clearly annoyed by the interruption.

I grabbed my keys and motioned for us to leave, ignoring the telephone.

We got back in the car and drove to college in an awkward silence. Neither of us dared to say anything.

Harry parked the car in front of the entry and I quietly thanked him for driving me. "Any time," he answered, smiling softly. I got out of the car and made my way to my first class.

"Good morning Zoey. Thank you for joining us today," Mr. Sanderson sarcastically remarked when I entered. I blushed slightly and murmured an apology under my breath. I made my way over to my desk and sat down next to Lisa.

"Exciting night?" she asked, scanning me from head to toe. "And not enough time to get completely ready? Must have been awesome," she added with a wink.

I didn't know what to say. Hell, I didn't know what to feel. No, that wasn't right. I didn't feel anything. For Louis. Nor for Harry. Especially not for Harry.

I shook my head as if to clear my head. "Kind of," I shyly smiled at Lisa. She raised an eyebrow and wanted to say something but Mr. Sanderson interrupted her. "Ladies, could you please let us take part in your conversation?"

"Sure," I answered. "There is a sale at Victoria's Secret tomorrow and I think I'm gonna buy nice pink lingerie. Or would you rather recommend red? Lisa is actually for black but hmm..." Mr. Sanderson looked startled for a second before he uncomfortably coughed and broke our eye contact.

I smiled in victory. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Lisa putting her hand in front of her mouth to keep from laughing. She gave me a look that clearly said 'we'll continue this conversation later'. And this was a conversation I wasn't looking forward to.

My phone vibrated in my pocket. I carefully pulled it out.

1 new message

From Louis: "Did you make it in time? I'm not a morning person, sorry :)"

He was so caring and gentle and sweet and good-looking and I wondered if I was in love.

No. Friends with benefits. I had a feeling this was exactly what Louis wanted too and I was perfectly fine with it. I had never been that kind of girl that needed a man at her side. I was independent and young. If it's supposed to happen, it will happen. And as long as it doesn't, you shouldn't force it. Right? Right. Who was I even trying to convince?

I was pulled out of my thoughts when my phone vibrated in my hands.

1 new message

From Lisa: "Tess has a date with Niall on Saturday... She has a cruuush"
I burst out laughing. The way Lisa stretched the word 'crush' made it sound like she was 5 years old, we were back in nursery school and she was teasing another girl.

Something clicked inside my head but I couldn't quite grasp it. Niall... what was it about Niall? Who's Niall?

I nearly groaned when the image of a blond boy with blue eyes flickered through my mind. Loverboy. Halfway through the movie, Phoebe and Adrian just left and Theresa and me were left behind alone with 6 boys we didn't know (except of Sean, but he doesn't count). I was sandwiched between Harry and a boy whose name I couldn't remember. Theresa had a better, no, great, time next to Niall. I didn't give it much thought back then but now, thinking about it again, I noticed that there clearly was something going on. Leave it to Theresa to find love in a group of weird boys. Men. Whatever.