chapter 35

The all-too-familiar smell of home and belonging welcomed me before I even stepped inside Harry's apartment.

I inhaled deeply and put a foot inside. I had barely taken a step when Harry turned me around and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me to his chest. His back was pressed to the door and his legs entrapped me.

My heart fluttered like crazy, my legs jittered and a warm and fuzzy feeling disseminated deep down in my stomach.

"I'm so glad you're back," I told Harry, staring into his beautiful eyes.

His look was sincere as his hand went up to caress my cheek. "I'm so glad you're here with me."

I put my hand on top of his and closed my eyes. "These pictures... I-I just can't get them out of my mind. It was so... so frightful to see you like..." I gulped, unable to finish my sentence.

"Ssh, baby, it's okay. I'm here and I'm safe and sound." Harry put his other hand on my cheek as well and tilted my head slightly to the side.

I opened my eyes to find him staring into them. It felt like he was looking right at my soul, exposed and raw, in its purest form.

I was still pressed to Harry's warm chest and could feel the steady beat of his heart under my palm. He mimicked my action and put his own hands above my heart, right between my breasts.

Those emerald green eyes watched my chest going up and down at a quicker pace. Waiting patiently, they also watched my chest going back to a normal, steady and healthy pace.

A smile played on Harry's lips as he put his hands on top of mine above his heart. "As long as you watch out for my heart, everything will be alright."

"I will," I promised and sealed it with a kiss on his slightly parted lips. "Forever and always."

I knew this was a huge promise. Forever and always was a long time. Did I know what I was talking about?

No, not really. How could I? I was only 19. But Harry made me feel safe and with him by my side, I felt like I could take on the world.

Wasn't this what love was about? Being spontaneous and doing things that scared you to a certain extreme?

Love. Such a huge word with little meaning in today's world. People used it far too often, talking about the love of their lives after just one week.

I have known Harry for more than a week. Did I love Harry?

Yes. I didn't even have to think about it twice. I did love Harry, that was as clear as day.

Was I in love with Harry?

Personally, I thought it was too early to know that for sure. One thing I did know though was that I was falling, hard and fast.

A soft hum next to my ear brought me back to reality. Harry leaned in close and watched me with an amused expression on his face, his Adam's apple popping up and down while he hummed the melody to a song I didn't know.

His fingers drew small patterns on my skin, leaving a hot trail behind.

Not over-thinking anything, I leaned forwards and pressed my chest to Harry's one more time, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him closer.

My lips sealed his in a passionate kiss. It was fierce, it was blazing, but it was so, so passionate and loving.

My lips delivered all the emotions my mouth wasn't able to say just yet but Harry understood. His hands went down to my waist, steadying me against his hard chest.