Chapter 16. Fate.

3rd POV (In your dream)

Zalgo was after her and her parents.
Everyday fear took over and all they could do was run.
She was the one who could kill him, Y/N was her name and she was 3-years-old.
Born in hell and the daughter of two demons, she possessed a power, one that could kill anybody in a swift move.
It was said that one day a human-like child would be born from Hell, and kill the king.
Her parents were demons, they were nothing but rotting flesh, bones and blood.
They had tried to keep their daughter hidden, but failed.
Her parents ran to the forest of fire, where they were met by Mr. Widemouth.
"She must live in the other world. I'm sorry, but she cannot stay here. Her fate had already been determined." Mr Widemouth said as he looked at the toddler.
Y/N was wrapped in a blanket in her mother's arms, a look of innocence on her.
"Meow!" Their pet feline, Grinny Cat came running towards them, as the sound of heavy footsteps and shouting followed.
"Go now my wife. Take our child away from this place." He said as he hugged her.
Y/N's mother started crying and asked "What will happen to you?"
"I will act like I have caught him, it will give you three enough time to make a run to he other world." Mr. Widemouth said.
"My Y/N, may you grow to be strong." The father said as he kissed his daughters head.
"Go now!" Mr. Widemouth yelled as the shouting got louder.
The mother ran with Y/N in her arms, and Grinny beside her, not looking back.

It was dark in the human world, the only light shining were from the street lights.
Her mother stopped at a house whose lights were off, and she set Y/N down on the doormat.
She pulled a piece of paper on it with Y/N's name on it, and tucked it in the blanket.
"Grinny." The mother said as she turned to him.
Grinny meowed in reply.
"Promise me, that until the time comes, you must stay in the forest and watch over Y/N, and please, don't let her forget us." She said as a tear fell from her eyes.
Grinny meowed and looked down at the now asleep toddler, then ran off.
"Forgive me Y/N." Her mother said as she kissed her forehead.
She stood up and banged on the door, then ran off back to Hell, with the peace that her child would now be safe.
The door opened and young Y/N was now faced with a couple, who looked down at her.
"Oh my goodness." The mother said as she picked up the child.
"A baby!" The man exclaimed.
"Wait, there's a note in the blanket." The woman said as she moved her hand to it and grabbed it.
"Y/N." She said as she read the note.
Y/N opened her eyes, catching her attention of the two.
"Awe. Don't worry Y/N. We'll take care of you."

(End of dream)

Your POV

My eyes shot open and I sat up gasping for air.
My heart was racing fast, and sweat was pouring down my forehead.
Everything came back to me, the screaming, my parents, and Grinny.
Grinny stood up from next to me and sat on my lap, his red eyes looking into my E/C ones.
He was holding something in his mouth.
I raised an eyebrow and he held his head forward for me to take it.
It was a piece of paper.
I took it in my hands and opened the small note, and in it was my name.
The paper was old and could easily crumble with force.
"Oh my god." I mumbled as tears staring falling down my cheeks, looking at the paper.
Grinny licked my hands and started purring.
I wiped away my tears and smiled.
"You kept your promise." I said as I scratched behind his ears.
Grinny purred even louder and curled up in my lap.
"Good cat."
Grinny laid in my lap, I continued to stare at the piece of paper, then I laid back down, staring at the ceiling.
"I'll fulfill that fate..."

[Edited, June 16th, 2019]