4.5 Scream

Naya's P.O.V.

I woke up on my bed. It wasn't as fluffy as the one from home but it was still comfortable. Everything smelled of fabric softener. 

That was the second time Ocean had carried me to my bed. His scent was still there. On my clothes. Sighing I turned to check my phone.

Mum
Missed Call (15)

I didn't even bother to look at the text notification. Groaning, I just about turned away to try to fall back asleep when a knock came through the door.

"Come in."

I wasn't a morning person but it was half past nine and I had been asleep for at least 13 hours. 

Ocean's head popped through door. He was dressed in cargo shorts and plain green t-shirt like it was summer outside. I was wearing my long pyjamas and but still pulled my blanket up to my chin.

"There's breakfast downstairs and Macey will be here soon so you can spend the day with her." With that he started to close the door.

"Wait."

He contemplated something before opening the door again. "Aren't you suppose to... introduce me to your pack or something?" I was going to ask Aren't we supposed to do like mate stuff. 

But I was glad that I didn't because not only did that sound stupid and immature, it also had an underlying ill-suited implication if take out of context.

He looked deep in thought for a while. A small irritated frown appeared on the bridge of his nose between his eyebrows.

"Do you want it done today?" Even though he was looking at me, the haze in his eyes made him seem deep in his thoughts.

"No but it's that what usually happens right?"

"Yes but we have time." He suggested. "I also have to talk to the elders and enforcer." He's been gone too long and I understood. 

"Also your mother called? She thought something had happened to you. I spoke to her but I think you should too."

I groaned once again. I heard the main door open. Ocean ducked out before I could even get more information out of him. I needed to talk to Macey.

"THANK YOU." I shouted through the door for him to hear. I heard the floor board pause mid squeak, he didn't come in or say anything back but carried on walking.

I quickly sent a message to my mum letting her know I arrived safely and the that sometimes the connection is bad. I had no idea how she got through.

By the time we finished breakfast I ready for lesson from Macey on mates. We hardly spent any time together the previous day and doubted I would get any today. 

The kitchen was again beautiful crafted. It was medium size with a breakfast bar in the middle with high stools, a dining table with four chairs sat near the window on the opposite side.

The fridge was fully stocked making me wonder when did he have the time to do it. Also I picked up on a common female smell that was partially mixed with Lyons'. Maybe it's his mate.

We ended up again on the sofa under the high ceiling that had black chandelier with branches that resembled the root of the tree.

"Damn they really make everything, don't they?" I asked amazed at the craftsmanship.

"Everything sells for like thousands. I mean five digits a piece sometimes." She was wearing leggings and a woollen sweater. My bugged out in surprise. "I never visited but there's a lake by the mountains and most of the men work there.