16.5 Castle

Naya's P.O.V. 
Red Mount 1990 

 "WOAH, look at the castle." Someone from the front of the bus shouted, pointing to the castle typical early century palace with stones for walls and tall watch towers surrounding the four corners. Ivy covered the grey walls and a huge arch iron door was situated right in the middle of the castle.

For some odd reason the foreign old castle looked vaguely familiar to me. Snippets of images flashed before my eyes like a déjà vu.

"Is it just me or have we been here before?"

My hearted jolted for a semi second at Ocean's question.

"You feel that too?" I asked turning my head away from the window to look at his surprised face.

"Yeah-"

His sentence was cut short when our history teacher stood up at the front and started going over the rules. The bus stopped right in front of the castle and as I stepped out of the vehicle, my heart sped up like I was running a marathon. I felt Ocean's arms wrap around my waist when his conflicted emotions washed over mine.

"Kids..." Our history teacher Miss. Delano, guided us towards the large door. "I know a lot of you are thinking why we are here so let me tell you. The main reason for us is to learn about the history of the famous Tiscan massacre occurred in early centuries. Now does anyone know who were the king and the queen of that time?" She directed her question to us.

"No, no one knows who they were. There are no records of them after the whole town was slaughtered in one night. Everyone who knew them or saw them killed, leaving no trace of who the royalties were." A girl among the students spoke up.

Just as she was about to carry on the large iron doors with ivy weeds across it creaked opened.

"Welcome kids, I am Elina, I'll be your guide today." A petite woman stood in the middle of the threshold, with a huge loving smile on her face. Her short brown hair merely reached her shoulders framing her heart shaped face perfectly, with light grey eyes. "Come along children, we have a lot of ground to cover..." She paused in the middle of turning. "And if you see or hear anything, don't follow it."

Her eyes turned cold yet the smile remained on her lips.

"Jeez, can this get any freakier?" Isaiah asked as we all entered the castle simultaneously.

"I have a bad feeling about this." Lea walked forward linking her arm through mine and I let go of Ocean's hands.

"WOW." Lea stared in awe. The golden light of the candles from inside highlighted the dark furniture that was arranged in an orderly manner. Cob webs hung loose like vines from the candle holders, banisters and walls along the long corridor.

I couldn't help shake out the feeling that I'd seen the foreign place before. Turning my head, I caught Ocean studying the area like a hawk in bewilderment.

There was a long and high pedestal right in the middle of the two stair cases. Two corroded thrones were situated right next to each other. The large room with high ceiling echoed of the murmurs of all the students.

"This was known as the judgement hall. People from far away would come here in hope of justice for a crime committed against." Elina recited as she walked up the small stair case of the pedestal with a group of students.

"Why was there a massacre?" Someone asked.

"Yeah, what happened?" Other questions were thrown at her.

"Legend has it that one day the king made a judgement and executed nearly 12 people for their crimes. Apparently, they tortured and murdered over a 100 people but 1 of those 12 survived and he cursed the whole kingdom for taking away his the only love he ever had. Some also say, that the souls of those haunt these very walls."

Some looked around in fear and some in distrust but everyone huddled closer together.

"Now, I told you everything I know about the massacre... however some of the researchers has also concluded the king and the queen were supernatural. Some presume they were vampires, some thought they were witches, some even thinks they were werewolves."

She looked at our group when she emphasized her last word.

We made our way down the over stretched hall way, lined with long freshly lit wooden torches shedding some light to the darkness. We weren't allowed to go into the room because of the said curse. Some of the people didn't believe in it but went along with it.

Elina mentioned how the royal family were so generous that they allowed their workers to bring their family to live with them in these very well kept rooms. They were all slaughtered as well. According to the brochure, we were still in the east wing where all the servants and workers lived.

All I wanted to skip the entire introduction and get to West wing where the king and queen lived but that wouldn't have mattered anyway because Elina told us that after the massacre no one has ever found a way to their chambers.

The windows were there on the outside but anyone who tried to find the room always ended up somewhere else or hit a pure brick wall. Even breaking in through the windows or walls seemed impossible as it was made of materials that nothing could break through.

A fuzzy image in sepia flashed before my eyes when entered another large hall. It felt like I'd seen the coloured paintings of knights and soldiers before. Medallions, swords and spears were mounted up on the walls.

Ocean stepped forward, assessing the paintings.

Suddenly, a seven-foot-tall black shadow swished past one of the corridors downstairs dousing of the specks of yellow flickering lights. My heart rate accelerated, the hairs at the back of my neck to stood up. Goosebumps covered my body at the sight of the floating figure.

"Naya what's wrong babe?" Before I knew it, Oceans' arms wrapped themselves around my waist blocking the view of the corridor. My hands immediately fisted the material of his t-shirt on instinct.

"I don't know... I think I saw something." I told him honestly.

"Maybe she's tired, look at her mark, getting pretty red as well." Jace suggested coming up from behind. Sometimes he was so quiet, that you didn't even notice when he was there.

"I..." I didn't know what to say but I also didn't need to defend myself because Ocean would never deflect my words without taking precautions. He only nodded at Jace before shielding me from everyone and lowered his lips down to me aching shoulder. He kissed and licked very inch of my mark before the pain subsided.

We made our way down another set of stairs that lead to corridor situated at the far side of the room. Only plain yellow light streamed through the empty spaces without any silhouette zooming across it. Elinas' voice echoed through the hall, explaining about the North wing. Warriors, knights and their family and resided in these exact walls.

"What did you see?" Ocean lowered his head so I could whisper in his ears.

"It was like a shadow just went inside that corridor..." I nodded my head towards it. "It was just there one second and next second it was gone... You believe me, right?"

Fear.

Fear aroused from within my bones when I tiled my head back look at Ocean but something else caught my eyes leaving me speechless.

-----------------
I might drop in a surprise update, so watch out for that. 

Let me know what you guys think and don't forget to vote xo