5.5 Hallucination

Naya's P.O.V.

"I'm still mad at you." I told him.

"I know. As long as you're okay I don't care if you hate me." He tenderly ran his fingertips down my cheeks.

"I don't hate you. I was disappointed." I sounded like a damn parent.

He looked like he couldn't help himself. Eyes kept wandering around my face desperately. He gently took my chin and placed a fleeting kiss on my lips. I felt butterflies in my stomach. It was an odd sensation and I liked every second of it.

He backed away slowly. I smiled a small smile. It wasn't a happy one but a smile that portrayed truce. I didn't say anything and neither did he. 

There was a small smile on his face when I closed the door on him. Our conversation might not have resolved anything but we were at least on common ground now.

"I'm SO sorry-"

"I'm really sorry-"

"Wait, why are YOU sorry?"

"Why are you so-"

"I'll go." She's always the over enthusiastic one. "I am so sorry- UH don't say anything, I'm sorry because I left you there alone. I was so scared and Aaron wouldn't let me go and it was just OH MY GOD I want go home and you like disappeared in the fog, I couldn't see anyone-

"Breathe babe." I breathed in myself then exhaled and when she finished imitating me she wasn't hyperventilating as much.

"I should have been there." She finished off in an exhale.

"I'M sorry for dragging you into that. If I had known that I never would have done that." We were in my room at nine in the morning. I started to see a pattern here. 

Aaron would bring her here and pick Ocean up to run off to where ever they were needed. I wasn't complaining but I wanted to spend time with my mate.

"I was just glad that you were there or I would have literally started running like a wild coyote." I chuckled at her comparison. "I'm so hungry though."

"Speaking of, WHO the fuck makes the food?" I finally asked. She sat on top of the blanket. If we were home, she would have been under the covers and asleep.

"Aaron's mom." She laughed a little. "It's great because I don't know how to cook."

"She cooks for Ocean?" I didn't understand.

"So there are a lot of enforcers, fighters and guards. They get trained up in the valley and it's like the military school. So they have cooks right, it's like that. 

"Aaron's mother is the head chef there and after training the boys go home or get their own place but they have family that can help them out. Alpha Ocean doesn't have anyone and he's too busy to cook so she gets someone to bring it over and stock up his fridge."

That made perfect sense. It had been a while since I saw Livia Drakos. She was a selfless woman.

"Others have to pay though." She added. "Oh, Lyon's mate works at the Pack House with Mama Livia's and she sometimes brings it over because they live the closest to here."

"I wish Ocean would bring me up to speed on things. He's always gone." I finally got out of bed.

By the time we went downstairs it was 10 in the morning and we were starving. There was a scent in the air that bothered me. 

It was of the enforcer who safeguarded me home. I wasn't foolish enough to repeat my actions from yesterday but I was smart enough to know what was going on.