9.5 Ocean's P.O.V

Ocean's P.O.V.

I couldn't get through to him. It irritated me every time when I kept his link closed. As an Alpha, I could force my way in. But this time was different. He was trying his hardest to block my every probing. Jealously filled my bones.

Startling Aaron, I hurriedly made my way out of my office -adjacent to my bedroom- and out of the Quarters' door. Aaron's frantic voice fell on deaf ears; my intuitions were screaming at me. Worse, I couldn't feel Naya's emotions.

I knew she couldn't feel mine as strongly as I felt hers but the connection was always there. Unlike at this very moment. There was nothing but void. A void that was there before I physically laid my eyes on her.

She was blocking any connection there was or-

She was too far away.

FUCK.

I shifted into my wolf form before relaying all the thoughts to Aaron, who followed suit. Picking up my discarded clothes of the forest floor I sprinted towards the main gates.

She left. HOW THE FUCK DID SHE LEAVE?

Joshua. Aaron's link was wide open. He was frightened about his mate leaving but he could feel her presence perfectly. I was going to kill that bastard if something happened to her.

Yes, what I did yesterday was brash and irrational but I had to make a split second decision. I had to make sure she wasn't being bombarded with such intense memories and the only way to achieve them was distance.

Mace where are you? Aaron desperately tried to connect with her. At first she ignored him but when I probed into her connection she complied quickly.

Alpha, she's my best friend. Please don't make me betray her. She was scared, which made me terrified. She really did leave.

Where. Is. She? I didn't care how I spoke to her. Aaron might be like a brother to me but I cannot have my members betray me like that. It breaks the earnest trust between a member and the Alpha. My thoughts projected to her unintentionally. The anger and disappointment reached her.

I'm sorry. Her shameful apology was followed by a projection. The scene rolled like a b-movie. A scene that boiled my blood, etched itself into my memory like stone carving. Agony burst through my body. Naya, getting into the Tahoe with Joshua. Then driving away together. Jealously over flooded my emotions.

It's not like that. I mistakenly left my link open when I intervened between the two mates. She's not well. My dad arranged couple of appointments. She's going home, where she can figure out what's going on with her.

Home.

The word hit me across the head.

This was not her home. I didn't make her feel welcome enough for her to call this a home. She belonged in mansion with high technology and fast cars.

She's not like that, with all due respect Alpha. She's a strong woman and an Alpha. I've known her all my life and I've never seen her cry this much. I apologise for not informing you but I my friend is in pain and is sick. No one knows what's going and she's going to seek the treatment from where she can.

She's not sick. I severed all the connections and sprinted faster than natural speed. Aaron was falling behind but I didn't care. I needed to stop her. I should have told her. She's a damn Alpha who would do anything she wanted without asking anyone. It was engraved in her genes.

I knew that the Darkling roamed around the outskirts of the walls. He manipulated the hunters, helped them get in because he couldn't.

She didn't know that.