18. Witches

Naya's P.O.V.
Red Mount 1990 

​ ​"Elina..." I whispered in disbelieve.

She slowly walked out of the shadows with warm smile on her face. Her posture was strong and straight like my mother looked when she went away for her business trips.

"Oh Naya..." She put a hand on her heart with watery eyes. "I've looked for you for so long time... Finally..." She chimed walking towards me with embracing arms.

"Who the hell are you?" Ocean quickly stepped in front of me, stopping her in mid stride.

Instead of being annoyed, her smile grew, flashing her perfect pearl white teeth. "Oh my dear Ocean, I never get bored of seeing how protective you are of her." She clasped her hands together and brought it close to her chest.

"Who are you?"

"Oh honey, I know you don't remember me... I mean, how could you? It's not like I met you in this life..." She babbled on getting my heart racing again. "Let me introduce myself properly. I am Elina Montgomery and I'm a Fae... I met you during the World War in the last century." She beamed.

"A Fae?" I asked gabbing onto Ocean's arm.

"Yes, just like you're bound to earth, my element is air ..." She sighed before continuing. "I have been around since the beginning of and in your last life, I met you guys just when you were on the run. We became really good friends..." She looked at Ocean.

"Wait WHAT?" Ocean asked again, not fully processing what just happened. "How do you even know us... what... what is all this?"

She sighed sadly before explaining.

"You see, you were running from a hunter called The Darkling and I found you guys near my home. Naya was wounded and when I saw the silver I knew you were werewolves. Supernatural always helps each other so I took you in. You guys stayed with me for a while until he closed in on you, not to mention the war had spread to my city. I helped you run and never saw you after that." She got emotional then.

"Oh, come on. What nonsense, that's ridiculous." I was outraged. I wanted to get the hell out.

"She's not lying." Lea held the worn-out book close to her face. "19th century. Western Hemisphere, Ashworth, that's the last entry."

"Well, that's my notebook, thanks for confirming that." She smiled. "When you guys disappeared and the Darkling did too. At first I thought he was after werewolves but there were a lot of werewolves in Ashworth but he wasn't after any of them but you two. I let it go because I didn't know what was really happening until I moved because of my immortality.

"That's when I came across an ancient painting of you of..." She pointed at me. "... in Verdicci. It couldn't have been because it was painted centuries ago." She looked sad.

"What does that have to do with us?" Ocean asked.

"The painter was called Lorenzo. So, I asked around and finally managed to obtain an image of the famous painter and his muse." She pointed towards the back table covers in scrolls. Lea quickly opened one and stretched out the cloth to reveal another painting of me and Ocean in Renaissance garment.

"I couldn't believe it, so I searched for as long as I could. I needed to know what was happening even though it had nothing to do with me. I'm immortal, I need something to do, right?" She was way too invested in us and that didn't sit well with me.

"I tracked you guys here..."

"How?" Lea asked.

"Sorrence witches." She answered instantly. "Their ancestors were from Tiscan. During the massacre, nearly all witches lost their lives but some escaped. They passed down their history and when I heard the king and the queen were called Ocean and Naya... I had to come here."