14.5 Hurt

Naya's P.O.V.
Red Mount 1990

 Ocean always slept in with me if he barged in the night before, even if we didn't have sex, he'd just grab me and let me fall asleep in his arms. Sometimes, we'd just talk all night about nothing and everything.

We weren't like little horny sex ninjas who jumped each other's bones every time we were alone. We were more like best enemies first, even when we were alone, I never stopped mocking him which he got use to over the years.

Sometimes it was scary of how many things we had in common yet we were totally two different people, which always made it a little more difficult to let go of each other.

However, for the first time ever, I woke up alone on his birthday.

His sent was still freshly embedded in the silk fabric that laid across my bed, the cold comforter replaced his warm touch and all the emotions I felt through him last night, vanished into thin air. I slowly opened my eyes hoping he'd be wondering around the kitchen but even with my heightened power I couldn't hear anything and that's when it hit me.

When he said sorry, he was sorry that I wasn't his mate.

My heart clenched and my whole body burned in pain and soreness from last night. I felt like a hopeless little human child, weak and pathetic. It's not like his feelings for me just disappeared but his wolf wouldn't want to touch or be with any other girl that was not his mate.

Which, made perfect sense for me to wake up alone because his wolf wouldn't have been able to handle the close proximity of another she wolf without feeling disgusted.

Three months, all I had to do was wait three more months for my birthday and then I'd be able recognise my mate. Anyone in this pack or outside had the possibility of being my mate but I couldn't wait that long.

I couldn't wait around watching him with someone else. I quickly grabbed our home phone and called, Lea apologising before asking her to come over at six in the morning. Now that my Ocean was gone, she was all I had left. I was still curled up in my bed, bawling my eyes out until all the tears left my system and my heart felt numb.

"Naya?" I heard Lea shouting from downstairs but I didn't have the energy to get up so I waited for her to come upstairs. "Honey ar-" Her sentence was cut short when she saw the state I was in. "Oh god I'm so sorry..." She exclaimed, setting near me on the bed.

"I'm fucked..." I chuckle hysterically.

"Oh honey, I'm here okay..." She smiled leaning down to hug me.

"I think I need to get away for a while." I announced getting up. I hissed in discomfort.

"What wrong? And why?" She asked with a worried expression.

"My whole body is aching and I just need to clear my mind." I explained vaguely as I tried to move, clicking my bones back to place. I remember once I nearly gouged out the skin on off his back. Our sexual attraction scared me sometimes. We could go for hours and still not have enough of each other.

"Gosh this room smells like something... and someone..." She crunched up her nose.

"Yeah... I don't wanna talk about that someone..." I demand sternly while trying to get up until I realise I was naked under the covers. "Erm can you... like..."

"Oh god, ohh lord erm... just get in the bathroom." She suggested getting all embarrassed. "I'll be in the kitchen."

After taking a long hot shower I felt calm and collected again, allowing the soreness to fade away. Putting on a dark blue tank top, black shorts with an extra-long checked shirt, I headed downstairs to Lea. She sat on the kitchen counter filling herself up with some cookie crisps cereal.