11.5 Lea

Naya's P.O.V.

A woman in with dirty blond hair and dim blue eyes stared at me in pure shock. Her hand hid her open mouth, unwashed tears trembled against her lowers eyelid. I felt no emotion towards her. She engulfed me in a tight hug.

"Oh Naya, you're so real..." Tears were streaming down her face. "You're so beautiful." I awkwardly patted her back, looking towards Ocean for some help.

"Not so tight." Ocean managed to pry her off me. "She's still recovering."

"I'm guessing you're Lea." I motioned for her to sit down. She was waiting for us as Ocean's house by the time we got home. Macey, Aaron and Josh was there too, including another unfamiliar face.

He introduced himself as Lea's mate. Onyx Renshaw. He was from Central Hem but moved Northern with Lea when LoRusso found out about Ocean. 

She'd been looking for answers ever since. Only tragedy was no one knew that ones' wolf could be snatched away so easily. How can one fully obliterate a supernatural quality without killing the vessel.

We made small talks, usually it was Lea enthusiastically asking me about my life and telling me about her Naya. It was humbling to see how loyal and committed she was the old Naya. It felt so surreal to digest the new reality.

A wolf-less alpha, speaking to someone from her previous life.

"I want to show you something." She handed me a photo book. It held numerous polaroid of us all from the old life. "I've been gathering as much information I can since Jace told me about Ocean. I was on the first flight out and I've never gone back."

My gaze landed on Onyx who looked slightly uncomfortable but nonetheless attuned to Lea's every move.

"I apologise if I seem rude but is it okay if we talk about how we can get my wolf back?" I put the photo book down, ignoring the daggers that Macey was shooting at Lea and carried on with my concerns.

"I've been told you were trying to figure out The Darklings' power. Do you know how he managed to break the supernatural bond?"

"When you and Ocean confronted him in your last life, we weren't there. However, you said that both of you managed to fight him of but never went into details."

Well that's great isn't it. I mentally scoffed, schooling my features to not appear irritated.

"However, I've been able to gather the fact that his father was a warlock. Hybrids aren't blessed by the spirits but he has control over air. Hence blessed by the Spirit of the Air. So, his mother must have something to do with immortality and the Air Spirt for him to possess these powers he has."

"I don't think he's above feeling pain. I managed to break his fingers and I remember him squealing in pain. He used the other hand to fucking torture me when finally caught up to me. He can't win hand to hand combat."

Pin drop silence etched across the room. It was the first time ever I openly described my attack. Ocean seemed murderous, Lea and Macey were about to cry and Joshua looked green. I guessed Lea didn't have that information because she pulled out another black small notebook and wrote something down.

"We need to find his weakness." It was Aaron who spoke. He looked haggard as well. He was semi in charge of the pack now. I didn't want to take Ocean away from his duties but he remained adamant about not letting me out of his sight.

"Do you have any memory from your first life?" Lea asked flipping through her notes. I looked at Ocean for reassurance to which he nodded discreetly. I was sitting on the sofa adjacent to mine whereas Lea and her mate sat opposite me and Macey, across the table.