15.5 Revelation

Naya's P.O.V. 
Red Mount 1990

Pain.

When I woke, I left like, a heavy truck was sitting on my left shoulder, without having the decency to move. My throat felt dry and my eye lids felt like they were glued together. Slowly every nerve in my body started to wake up intensifying the pain.

"I think she's waking up." I heard my mothers' overly dramatic concerned voice.

Well no shit Sherlock.

"Don't you go anywhere near her kid, I'll forget you're Philips' son." I heard my dad's voice boomed through the room.

Maybe you should all just shut up.

My mind scolded them asthe bongo players in my brain heightening the noises around me. I could even hear water dripping from a tap, probably from my bathroom, at even intervals. Slowly scrunching my eye brows up, I tried to crack my eyes open but failed the first time.

"I warned you Ocean... go anywhere near her-"

"Michael... look at him... she's his mate... only he'd be able to comfort her." My -oh so dear- mother interrupted my annoyingly over protective father. His heart rate rocketed sky high and I could almost see his crimson blood rushing through his veins.

"Let me help her..." Lea suggested calming him down. Not even couple of seconds later I felt her hands on my right shoulder trying to help me sit up.

Gulping loudly, I managed to crack one of eyes open, to get a rough image of where I was. My long lashes clung to each other pixelating the view of my parents standing at the edge of my bed with concerned expression glued to faces.

But Ocean, I internally sighed at the sight of his defeated body, standing on the far corner of my room. His looked like the lost boy I saw the other day in school but only a thousand times worse and broken.

"Can you get up?" Lea asked stroking my upper arm.

"W-water." I somehow managed to choke out. My throat felt like it was dry asthe Sahara deserted.

"Honey, how are you feeling?" After a few gulps, mother quickly walked forward replacing Lea's seat on my bed and blocked the view of Ocean. Her grey eyes reflected my own but her hair was much shorter than mine yet the same colour.

"I'm okay..." I sat up slowly. Luckily the pain and the overly heightened hearing started to fade somehow. "My head... hurts." I added rubbing my tired eyes with my unwounded arm.

"Honey, you were out for two whole days... Michael get some food will you, Naya must me hungry." She half turned her body to order my father around.

"Oh now you care when I nearly died." I scoffed

"NAYA... that's not true... we care about you a lot-"

"With all due respect Savannah... I think Naya needs to eat something and rest for a while." Lea chimed in interrupting her annoying voice.

I was grateful for her before. Ocean looked like a defeated boy who had lost everything in his life, with no hope of living anymore. His eyes were dead and tanned skin appeared pale.

My mother sighed heavily accepting defeat. "Fine... I'll go get something for you to eat." She smiled before leaving the room.

"What happened?" I asked my father rubbing my sore neck.

He scoffed and shot Ocean a disapproving look before speaking. "He marked you."

"Yeah I know, I was there but what happened after?" Lea tried to hide her smile.