17. Screams

Naya's P.O.V.
Red Mount 1990

"NAYA." I heard Ocean scream. The whole world around me sunk into a black hole.

I could still feel the thing that crashed into me still thrashing around. It took me a while to register the person flailing around and hitting me was Lea. Her heart beat rocketed sky high and fear was evident in her squeals.

"LEA it's me Naya." I tried to get a hold of her arms in the solitude of darkness. "Lea STOP." I ordered.

"I swear if you're no-" Her threat felt empty so I decided to interrupt her.

"You once had a wet dream about Jace." The future beta was handsome and when Lea shyly told me about it couple of months back, I laughed at the top of my lungs. Who the hell feared wet dreams?

"NAYA, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON." I heard Isaiah's overly squeaky voice from my left.

Suddenly a hand rested on my arm making me flinch away with a loud shriek.

"NAYA, it's me baby girl." Ocean's reassured me. Although my eyes were open, everything around me appeared pitch black without any levels or out lines.

"Dude, how can you see?" Isaiah's voice came from behind Ocean.

"Perks of maturing, it activates your night vision." He boasted, carefully guiding my in his arms.

"I thought only bats had night vision..." I heard Isaiah mummer under his breath.

"Okay, Lea move a little to your right, Jace is right there." He guided Lea.

"Jace, bro, I love you and all, but you need to speak up every now and then." Isaiah scolded. "Also Lea, you had a wet dream about him?"

"Not the right time bro." Ocean warned.

"What do we do now?" I asked widening my eyes trying to catch a glimpse of any type of visible structure. I guess we all had to depend on Ocean to guide us.

"Ocean what can you see?" Lea voiced my question.

"Nothing but three long corridors, one on the left where we just came from, there's one straight in front of us which you three just came from and there's one on our right which none of has been to." I felt him move around. "We should head that way."

"No WHY?" Everyone started to speak at the same time, including me.

"Because we both came from two directions and logically there should only be two corridors, why is there another one?" Ocean explained making me smile in the dark.

He usually acted like little child but he was secretly very intelligent. Maybe not in an academic way but when it came to real life situations, he always took the lead.

He was a natural born leader and it wouldn't have mattered if he had Alpha blood line or not, he'd still be a natural leader.

"You lead." Lea reached out and touched my arm. I took hand in mine and held Oceans' hand with the other one before we all started to move.

We all kept a steady pace, with one behind another. My heightened hearing picked up their heavy breathing and nervous shuffles of their feet. Every now and then Ocean would squeeze my hand tighter in reassurance.

Although my heart was racing, my mind was calm and collected. He was trying to keep himself calm because if his emotions became haywire, I'd instantly freak out. We needed to get out of here as soon as possible and after that, we could all freak out as much as we wanted to.