Chapter 6: A Royal Promotion

Damn this! 

I tilted his head to give more space to his wound. In frustration, I am now able to hear my own breathing. As my face was getting closer, I can smell his scent of mixed cologne and sweat. How can he still manage to smell manly and delicious after all that running? Hrrrhrhrhrhh. Focus James! He might be a dead man any minute now.

My lips touched his warm soft skin. If anyone saw us here, he might think that I am kissing his neck. Gross. I started to suck the poison out of his neck. It's not really an advisable solution but it's the only option as of the moment. He started to moan as the blood was sucked off him. I really feel like a vampire here. It lasted for god knows how many minutes until I decided to spit the poison. Not that I enjoyed it but I needed to make sure that the poison's gone.

"Thanks." He managed to say but it's obvious that he's getting weak.

"Can you stand?" I asked. I need to get him to the infirmary quick or else you know. He nodded. Good. I can't carry him myself.

I helped him stand with my support by putting his arms around my neck to my shoulders. This man was also shot in the stomach so it's a double whammy on his behalf.

It was a good thing that we are not that far from the castle. God! He was so heavy the I feel like I am carrying all the burden of the earth. On the bright side of things, I'm grateful that he's taller than me because it was easier for me to support him. We walked the slowest walk in history on our way to the palace.

Minutes later, the castle was now in view and it was the first time that I felt joy seeing it. I looked at Prince Gregory's face. He looks weary but it was no doubt the most attractive face I saw. His flawless face is now glowing with the fullness of the moon. It's sad that his attitude is awful.

"Take me to the infirmary..." He whispered weakly.

"I don't know where that is..." I replied. "And I don't think I can carry you any further." I wheezed. He leaned closer to me as if any moment he's gonna faint. I held on to his chest, feeling his warm body more. We were getting closer to our destination when he lost his consciousness. All the weight I carried became even heavier and that caused us both to fall on the ground; my face directly to his broad chest.

Crap. This is not happening.

"Help! Can somebody help me?" I screamed hoping someone would come to our aid. "Help!"

Suddenly, a light was turned on and it gave hope. A man peered from the door and ran outside to our direction. As he moves closer, I can finally see a familiar face.

"What's the matter?" he inquired. Thank god Mattheo was here.

"The prince—" I pointed to Greg who is now lying on the grassy ground. "He needs help."

"Shit." He cursed and immediately checked for his pulse. "Help me take him to the infirmary." Mattheo ordered. I nodded and helped him carry the unconscious prince.

--------

Somebody was knocking loudly on my door which woke me up. Ugh. What now? It's not yet time for work. I ignored the sound and closed my eyes. I decided to drift off back to sleep. Them poltergeist should try harder to scare me. The lack of sleep for this night can never wake me even if ghosts come in my room to float around. I don't care. I just got back to my bed after leaving Prince Gregory on the care of the infirmary. I think I deserved some shut eye because I am awfully tired and service to the sorb resumes tomorrow.

"Mr. James Inkwell." Somebody called my name. I must say, this castle must be really old to house a speaking ghost. Nevertheless it didn't scare me enough to not sleep for this night. I held my blanket tighter.