Chapter 32: In the Moment

The wind was cold but it didn't matter to me since my mind is in a different place right now. It's half past eight and it looks like I'm waiting for them to return. Arrgh! Even if I try to deny it I can't find a good reason why I've been standing on my room's balcony for the past hour.

I'm not actually waiting for them. It's him I wanted to see. It's the day of visitation and I pretended to be sick . Greg didn't bother to argue with me at all. I think he understands that I don't wanna be with him today and that's why the moment I told him that I'm sick, he just replied that he understand and he will tell it to his dad.

It's frustrating to find the reason why I'm doing my best to avoid him yet here I am waiting for his return. Ugh. I know. It's stupid! Right?

It all started with that damn kiss. I mean, it was just a kiss but it's not just a kiss. What? For the first time that he kissed me at least I can say that he was just drunk but then yesterday is a whole lot different. 

I don't really know if he really loves me like he claims he have but I can't deny the fact that I've been starting to have some 'certain' feelings for him that I prefer we wouldn't discuss cause I'm actually in the middle of something big here for heaven's sake. It's  the prince you're talking about here! The future king and he's getting married soon. 

I was interrupted with my personal reflection when somebody behind me wrapped his arms around me. I gasped in shocked but I already knew who dared to embrace me behind my back.

"Have you been waiting for me?" he whispered into my ear and it instantly sent shivers down my spine. Gosh darn he sounded sexy which I mean he sounded like an ugly gremlin.

"No. Why would I?" I bit my lips to avoid myself from smiling involuntarily. Oh my god. I am actually enjoying this!

"I know. What's wrong with wishful thinking."he replied and I sensed a hint of sadness in his voice.

"Uhm. Somebody might see us up here. It would be better if you would return to your room now. I know you're tired from your trip and I think you deserve to take a rest."  I suggested. People seeing us is not the only reason why I want him to go. I'm having this internal conflict and I feel that in any moment now, I ... I'm gonna break a hundred of laws and mores.

"Can we just stay like this? At least for a moment?" he wrapped his arms a little tighter and I felt his head rest on my shoulder, his stubble tickling my neck. "I'm not sure but this might be the last time I'm gonna hold you this tight."

I closed my eyes and nodded as I understood what he meant. It was peaceful. It seems like our breathing was synchronized. Our hearts beating as one. The warmth of his embrace made me  feel loved and cared, perfectly enough to no longer care about the cold winter breeze. Something deep inside me started to warm up, my face heating up. And when it's starting to make sense to me, I found myself alone again.