Chapter 15: With a Smile

I hate to go back in this damned tunnel but the king have ordered me to do so. So there...

To assure our safety during our investigation, Mattheo ordered some men to accompany us here. So basically, this passageway is not so secret anymore.

If this is an inside job then someone who knows this hallway is responsible from all this ruckus.

"Hey Mattheo. Do other people know about this tunnel?" I asked him.

"I don't know. But I'm pretty sure this is not a big secret for this is not in the classified information that can only be accessed  by the royal family." He responded.

"Are you...? Do you..?"

"Are you suggesting that I'm an accomplice for the break in?" He turned around to face me with his I-swear-to-kill-you face.

"No of course not. Hahaha. I'm just saying that the palace doesn't know how to keep a secret." I faked laugh then boxed his arm so lightly. "Carry on. Carry on."

Man. Why does he always have to be so serious? Everybody in this palace is so serious.

"Are you guys robot here?" Mattheo stopped in his tracks. Oh shit. Did I just say that out loud?

"What?" Mattheo asked annoyed.

"Nothing. I wasn't talking to you." I reasoned. They continued walking and I just shut my mouth until we reached the place where we heard the conversation.

There was clearly an evidence of some wall breaking here. Mattheo used his fingers to slide along the surface.

"So they like to break this wall. But why?" I asked but he didn't answer. Instead, he commanded the other guards to secure the entrance and exit and to make sure no one should return to the spot again.

"We need to talk to the King now." He whispered to me before making his way. I just followed him without asking why.

--------

"I think they're planning to break their way through the treasury." Mattheo reported his findings to the king.

"Did you find out who was behind all this?"

"Not yet, Your Majesty." Mattheo politely replied.

"What do you think Mr. Inkwell?" I was taken by surprise when the king asked a question which I don't even know the answer.

"Same as Mattheo, Your Majesty."

"Very well. I want a full investigation about this matter. I want to know the person behind this."

"Yes your Majesty." Mattheo and I replied.

------

"What?" Mattheo asked annoyed as we walk along the corridor.

"What?" I asked back. What was he asking?

"You've been staring at me the whole time since we went out to the King's office." He was right. I was staring at him. It's just that I can't help but to stare at him.

"Did you know that you're wasting your good looks?"

"I'm sorry. What?" He asked seemingly lost.

"You know..." As if he knows. "You seemed to be frowning everytime I look at you. It makes you look unapproachable. It's like you have a deep seated hate against the world."

"So what?" He retaliated.

"It doesn't hurt to smile once in a while." I showed him how to smile and touched the both ends of his lips to form a convex.

"What the heck are you doing sorb?"

"Smiiilee♪" he tried to raise both ends of his lips but his smile looks like it was coming from a raving maniac.

"Don't force your lips to smile. Do it naturally. Okay? Why don't you show your teeth like this?" 😀 I showed him my best smile for him to imitate.

"You mean like this?" He smiled and he finally did it right!

"God you're so adorable!" I exclaimed cause he was just darn good looking. I shut my mouth after I realized what I just said. Damn.

Mattheo said nothing but he was clearly embarrassed cause his face was flushed which makes him cuter.

Gad what's wrong with me?