Chapter 7: The Royal Gardein

It was already morning when I woke up. I feel refreshed from all that sleep. Thankfully nobody bothered to wake me up after I heard the bell in the morning.

There was a folded letter on the table near the pin. Funny. I only remembered putting the pin there. I unfolded the letter to read what's inside.

Meet me at the WAR Room.
Also, wear your new uniform.
-Mattheo

Uniform? I looked around me to search for clothes. Oh. There was also a folded set of clothes on the chair. I should probably hurry now. I still don't know how many hours I have slept. Plus, I'm so hungry.

.

A white long sleeves polo, a red coat that was intricately designed which contains the logo of the royal army, a brown slacks and some military boots; Now the uniform's complete.

The livery was a perfect fit. I wonder how they even know my sizes. The uniform is very elegant and fashionable. I started to like it. Wearing this makes me look like I belong to the aristocrats. Technically, I have improved my social status by becoming a royal guard. Although, I do need to undergo a year of training first before I will be promoted from my social class. For the meantime, yay to being a servant.

After appreciating how I look, I walked out of my room and started to find the WAR Room. Apparently, Mattheo knew I didn't know the location of the rooms so he also gave me a map with a statement that says: Study and Understand these. Pffft. Yeah, Yeah. Give me a day and I'll surely know how to find my way to this castle. But I appreciate his efforts.

Here we are. The WAR room. I wonder why they named it that way. But then again I realized it was an acronym for Weapons and Armaments. I knocked three times before hearing someone said come in.

"I got your letter." I said to Mattheo who is writing something on the table.

"I'd be surprised if you didn't find it." He replied. Okay. I admit that was a lame opening line.

"Did you eat?" He asked me before putting down his pen to face me.

I crossed my head. "Not yet."

He dialed something on the intercom.

"Please send a meal for the Prince's Gardein... No, in his room... Alright thank you"

I sat on one of the chairs and started to tap my fingers on the table out of boredom.

"Do you know how to use a gun?" Mattheo asked me when he was done calling.

"Yes, but to have a good aim? nope." I replied popping the last consonant.

"Seems good enough anyway, you'll still be needing this." he gave me a holster with a gun inside. "You'll be trained to protect the prince. At all cost." 

"Are you sure about this? I mean I'm not really comfortable wearing a belt with a gun on my hips."

"We don't joke here in my office." Yeah. It was really not that obvious.

"Okay. If that's what you want." I reluctantly accepted the gun and put it on my lap. "So what do I do now?"

"Good question. You only have one job and that is to guard the prince. To accompany him anytime, anywhere— yes?" He asked when he saw me raising my hand.

"Even when he's in bathroom?" Don't hate me. It was a good question.

"If you use your common sense the answer is a big no."

"How about when he's sleeping? Do I need to watch—"

"No."

"How about..."

"Mr Inkwell, the prince is currently in his room and he's very sick. I suggest you go to his aid but before that." He scooped something in his drawer. "Here is the key to your new room. Your things are already there. Room RG3. I believe your breakfast is already served."

"That's all I wanted to hear thank you very much." I snatched the key from his hand and made my way out of the room in bullet time. Food is life (next to sleep of course). Using the map he gave me, I found my way into my new room.

It was bigger than I expected and it awesome. It's not like my plain old boring room. I jumped on the bed and my god! It's so fluffy I could die!

My nose sensed some food nearby. There was a tray on the bedside table. I excitedly lifted the lid and my mouth began to water. I think I'm gonna like it here. I should kill myself if I didn't accepted this job yesterday. I'm a VIP now, and maybe a rotting corpse tomorrow. But it's okay, we all die anyway.

I gobbled all my food in just a second. The food was very much more hearty than the pile of goo they serve down there. This tray consists of some meat, a bread, vegetables and of course the never dying mashed potato.

For the first time in my life I have burped. Not because of having a gassy stomach but because I was full.

After my satisfactory breakfast, I went back to bed and now on the verge of going back to sleep when I remembered that I have something important to do. Oh yeah. I am supposed to be working.

I stood up quickly so that I shall not be tempted to drift off to sleep. I grabbed the map and tried to find the prince's room.

The Royal Hall... No.

Oh here it is. There was an x mark on the map that said: This is the prince's quarter if you can't interpret the map.

Oh yeah. A big help Mattheo. But I am greatly offended because he just assumed that I can't read map. Who does that? Why do people assume too much this days? (<---- sarcasm included)

I followed the map's direction and I found myself standing in front of a large door. Is this really necessary? It's enormously a big door for a bedroom.

I knocked but no one responded.  Anybody here? I was about to turn the knob when the door suddenly opened.

"Are you the new royal gardein?" He asked. I nodded. "Excellent." He opened the door fully to let me in.

"I am Dr. Abbadon, It was a good thing that you have sucked out the poison out of his body but still, some droplets have already entered his veins. Anyway, he will be alright but he needs a lot of rest and sleep. And here are his medicines. Give it to him after he's done eating." He handed me some bottles of medicine and a timetable. "Good day." He lifted his hat and was about to get out of the room.

"Wait." he stopped. "I thought you'll be taking care of him?" I pointed on the big bed. The prince must be there.

"Unfortunately I also have other things to do. It's your job, I believe, to take care of him." he responded calmly.

"Bu...bu.. But."

"I'll be going now. Goodbye." He said then he went out and closed the door.

Sigh.