Chapter 10: Courtship and Training

"Shouldn't you be on your guard right now?" Greg asked me before stuffing the bread in his mouth.

"I believe we can have our break." I replied. He was chewing like he was cunning. I hate it.

"Oh. Is that so?"
"Yes, Your Highness."

"Hmmm.." He began to stroke his chin as if he was thinking— but he has no brain! How is that even possible?

"Gregory!" Someone called him. It was a girl with an annoying voice but pretty nonetheless.

"Millicent! What a surprise." The prince greeted. It was a good thing someone caught his attention in order for me to gobble all the food I had taken.

"You look dashing in your attire." The girl replied with a big smile on her face. Pfff. Her lips will be lacerated for smiling too much I tell you.

"You too. What brings you here?" It must be a miracle to see the prince smiling while talking in an engaging manner.

"We're invited here you silly." Millicent tapped the prince weakly with her fan.

"That I should know." Gregory replied.

"So... Do you have your eyes on someone?" Millicent asked with her annoying high pitched tone. I can already feel my eyes rolling. What a silly question. Can't she see that he still have his both eyes intact.

"Nothing in particular." He responded. Mattheo and I remains standing in the corner as if we were watching some kind of fancy play.

"Oh. That's good!" I can already feel my ear splitting into two for her very  high operatic voice.

Gregory's forehead crinkled.

"Oh! I mean that's good because we can attend more to your fancy balls."

"Pfffft." I choked when she said fancy balls. What an appropriate term to use.

Their attention was now focused on me.

"Excuse me?" Millicent asked me like I sort of offended her.

"I'm sorry. My gluttony caused me to choke." I responded. She opened her fan and started to fan herself like a peevish old hag.

"Pardon my personal guard. It's his first time to experience a party since you know— being a peasant for too long." Greg exclaimed.

"I am not!" I retorted.

"Without a doubt. Look at his grubby mouth." Millicent agreed. I immediately wiped off my mouth after she commented.

"Prince Gregory, your favēre is waiting for you." A footman interrupted, thanks be to God.

"I'll be there in a minute." He replied.

"Wait. You already made your choice?" Millicent asks and it's obvious by the way her voice croaked that she's on the verge of crying. Oh yeah. Suck on that beych! Footman-1, Millicent-0.

"It's temporary." Even though Greg sounds like some sort of fuccboi I'm on his side for now.

"But but but... That's unfair!" She complained. Life's a bitch Millicent. Just like you huehuehuehue.

"I should probably be going." Greg declared and Millicent began to cry. Tears flowing from her eyes.

"What a magnificent show. I like it! Better than Romeo and Juliet." I clapped my hands but no one seems to get my sarcasm. The two exited and now we're back on our silent little world.

"That was a bit harsh you know." Mattheo side commented.

"Cry me a river. Admit it, you're also annoyed by her high pitched voice. Oh Gregory, I'm so into you!" I tried to imitate how she enunciate every word.

He sighed in defeat."Yes but at least I keep it only for myself."

"Boo! What a passive-aggressive attitude. Did you know that that kind of attitude can make you insane? There's a raving lunatic inside of you waiting to be freed."

"But that doesn't mean you should express all your emotions into actions. We should go back to our post. The King is now in the hall." Mattheo returned to his post in a  panic stricken mode. What a pussy. Lol.

I think I should stay here. The only important thing in this room is food. I hid behind the indoor bush while I continue to gobble my food.

I stayed there all night praying to myself that it should soon be over. Thankfully nobody cared to bother me in my place until the party was over. So much for a courtship.

-------------------

"Wake up you sleepyhead!" I screamed when I felt some icy water touch my skin. It's a very rude way to wake someone up.

"What the fu-" I stopped mid sentence when I saw the prince holding some bucket. "Whu..what? Why the barbaric way of waking someone?"

"We're late for our training." He placed a foot on my chair. What a perfect illustration of an asshole.

"Fufufufu! What do you mean our training?" My body is not yet adjusted in waking up early. For the past week I would wake up whenever I like before tending to his aid. Unfortunately he recovered.

"You're a royal guard now not a farmer."

"Uggggghhh!" So many responsibilities.

"I have another bucket you know." And he's not joking. He was holding another bucket.

"Alright. Fine. You win!" I stood up and raised my hands in surrender. "Now get the hell out and I'll change."

----------

"Archery?" Greg asked me when I finally arrived on the training ground.

"Archery is the skill with a bow and arrow." I immediately responded remembering the definition from the dictionary.

"The f*ck? I was asking you if you're good with a bow and arrow not the definitioj of archery." He retorted.

"Oh." I muttered with the realization of his vague question. "What kind of question was that? Archery? Archery what? The history? Founder? Can I kill you with archery? Please clarify the vagueness of your question and don't blame me if I didn't understand your question just because of your laziness to utter a complete sentence."

"An intelligent man like Plato can infer what I mean with just one word. Unfortunately your brain didn't evolve from your cro magnon state." He stated squinting his eyes at me.

"You're wrong. Very wrong! Plato will reflect first on the word archery if it exists in the sensible world or the ideal world. Sadly, you failed in the gymnasia and didn't achieve excellence. Plus, William Shakespeare would be very horrified with your sentence construction." I battled with his stare. So he wanna play this game huh? Let's see about that.

I looked straight into his eyes and for a moment I felt like I was being absorbed into a massive black hole. Shit. This can't be right. His chocolate colored eyes is making me squirmy. Help. Help me!

"Ouch! What the hell was that for?" Wish granted. I was back to reality and is now throbbing with pain.

"Since you're a noob you need to train really hard."

"The fuck? Why do you need to throw the whole damn apparatus to me?" I was fuming mad. Dare he? Dare he?

"We ain't got no time for lollygagging. Don't be a sissy."

"Why don't you curl up and die!"

"Watch your language sentinel! Learn to respect your superior."

"Fuck you sir!"

"I'm warning you!"

"Then Screw you your highness!"

-----

Enjoying reading this story? Vote. Comment and follow me. for updates I also recommend you to read my other story entitled The Mysterious Mr. Black. Thanks.