Chapter 21: The Visit

"You should learn to appreciate better things." The shirtless prince said.

"What a non sequitur statment Your Highness." I said.

He snatched the sword from my hand and wrapped his arms around me while the blade was on my neck.

"Any problem with that sorb?" He whispered in my ear. He was uncomfortably near me and the warmth of my body is giving me shivers. It is the totally the sign for pure evil.

I yawned.

"Boooring. Same old. Same old." I'm tired of his sh*t. A threat from him is totally normal. He's all bark but no bite.

"Are you testing me sorb?" He threatened again.

"Yeah. Yeah. Whatever." He didn't speak for a minute then he eventually released me.

"You know I'm actually bothered because we have been training how to use a bow and arrow and now swords? Are forgetting the fact that guns were invented?" I asked him.

"We need to start from the basics of fighting. Did you read the art of war that I gave you?" He was sharpening the sword and the flexing of his muscles are bothering me.

"It's a decent book but what I don't understand is that even though you're good with medieval weapons, a single shot from a gun can actually kill you."

"Shooting comes last. Anyone can use a gun but not everyone can use a sword. The men are trained to fight even without a gun. That's why our army are the best in the field."

"Says the one who was shot in the gut." I whispered.

"What did you say?" He asked.

"I said I understand." I lied.

"No. That's not what I heard."

"Then why don't you tell me what you heard." He stopped what he's doing and looked at me seriously. Damn. He's really attractive. His thick brows, perfect nose and red lips are complemented by his perfectly angled jawline. I admit. His body was more superior than Mattheo. His muscles were more defined and it looks insanely strong. No wonder they're not afraid to show their bodies because if I would remove my shirt, my body looks as plain as our farm. It's probably flat looking.

"What? What did you say?" I asked. I saw his lips move but I was too engrossed in inspecting his body.

"Never mind. On your position. Now!"

I rolled my eyes in annoyance and positioned myself in the way he taught me.

"We might as well train ourselves to throw rocks." I said in my defensive stance.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Could you be more slower?" Greg asked in annoyance.

"I'm coming! I'm coming!" First of all, we're not doing something dirty. We're on a trip to visit his first favēre or his potential bride to be. I sat beside Mattheo because it's the only seat left. Prince Gregory and the king sat in front of us.

He tsked and crossed his legs. I almost forgot that we're supposed to begin our journey at 3:00. I woke up 2:50. Ask me how I made it in time.

The sky was still dark. The lack of light and sleep made me yawn a few times. I can't hold it anymore, I closed my eyes and drifted myself to sleep in a moving car.

"Let him be. He's probably tired." I heard the king say.

"He's a guard. It's his duty to protect us!" prince nimrod hissed.