Chapter 19: The Chase

I went out of the dragon's lair while holding my food. Did we just slept for 6 hours? In that position? On his bed? In his room? In the palace? Nope. That's too much.

But how did someone knew I was there? Who else would try to enter the prince's room? Maybe, the king? Oh shit. Please no! The queen? I hope not. God bless her.  Or maybe  Mattheo. Yeah. Let's go with that. I can bear that embarrassment.

The WAR room is not so far away that's why I decided to give the captain a visit.

"Yes sorb? Still on the process of learning how to knock?" He remarked.

"Just one question."

"And that is?"

"Did you somehow.... Uhhmm... How do I say this?" See me sleeping with the prince.

"See you sleep together with the prince?"

"Yes! I mean no! Or Yes? Or no? It's not exactly that way but did you?"

"Yeah. Did you enjoy the lunch I ordered them to bring?" He said in a brackish way. 

"I didn't eat yet." I showed him the plate I was still holding. "Look. Weird as it may look but there's definitely nothing going on. The prince is very drunk and then I fell asleep!" Wow. That sounds stupid. I just took a bite on my food.

"Okay I believe you." He said sarcastically.

"Did you tell anyone about what you saw?"

"Do you want me to?"

"Over my dead body!" My emotion must've overpowered me because the piece of meat on my fork is now on his right eye.

I swallowed hard.

The sauce was now dripping on his face.

"I'm sorry I didn't-" he raised his hand to stop me from talking and brought out his handkerchief to wipe his face. The handsome chief wiped his face with a handkerchief. Kkkkkkkkkkkkk.

"Is this funny?" He was probably pissed that I was trying my best not to laugh. I shook my head. Why do I have to always joke whenever it's not appropriate.

"Give me twenty!" He demanded.

"What?"

"I said give me twenty!" His face was becoming more Greg-like with that wide eyes and veiny forehead.

"Okay~" I dig into my pocket and offered him the twenty docent bill I found a week ago. It's a good thing it's in my pocket.

"Are you fucking serious?"

"You said to give you twenty. I'm giving you twenty." I waved the twenty docent bill in front of him but he would not take it.

"Could you be more stupid." He turned around and I can see his shoulders moving like he was laughing or maybe possessed by some demon.

"And you're the one who's laughing now."

"When I said give me twenty, I meant give me twenty push ups!" He shot back.

"Oh. But I can conclude that we're good now am I right?"

"No. I still need you to give me twenty."

"Oh well. It must be better if I would return to my room now." I stood up and got my food before heading for the door.

"You're still in my command and I am giving you orders right now sorb!"

"La la la la la." I sing-song before closing the door.

-----------------------&-----------------------------

The hallway was usually quiet at this time of day because it's lunch. Everybody's busy eating or resting. My foosteps are the only thing that you can hear. I stopped in front of a metal knight display to check my teeth because something was stucked between them.

I heard something and I looked back but saw nothing. I ignored it thinking it was maybe my imagination then I heard some shuffling. Something or someone was here but I can't see a single entity here except my body.

What if it's a ghost? It's not a new idea since this palace is that old and many people was beheaded here before.

"Our Father who art in heaven..." I started to pray while walking away from the vicinity. I'm not yet prepared to see a ghost unless it's casper.

"Holy be your name, your kingdom caaaaaaahhh!" I was taken aback when the wall in front of me suddenly opened and somebody came out.

He was in a rush that he bumped me into and we both fell on the floor. There was an eye contact for a second then he stood up and started to run away.

"Hey! Stop!" I tried to call him but he continued to flee. I believe that he stole something because he was holding a package and he was in an unusual costume with his face covered.

I can't believe I'm always in this situation and why am I the only one present when something serious is happening?

Yay! Lucky me! Sarcasm included.

Where the heck are the other guards? cause I can't see anyone in the hallway.

I was finally catching up with him and I grabbed the oppurtunity to tackle him on the ground. I held onto his cape as he struggle to escape from my grip.

"Motherf*****!" I cursed from the excruciating pain as I held my left ear. He elbowed me so hard I can almost hear heaven calling to me. He stood up but I grabbed his cape so hard that it got separated from his body. His face was now expose but I can't see anything because he was against the light.

He ran away in panic but I can't catch up to him because I was still disoriented from the blow I received from him.

Fucking burglar.

I was initially disappointed because the thief escaped again but that ended when I saw the package he was holding beside his black cape and mask.