Chapter 22: Ownership

"We thank you for your hospitality and generousity in welcoming us." It was already getting dark when the king was bidding goodbye.

The early December wind was making me shiver. It was a bummer that I totally forgot my jacket when I was rushing to reach the 3:00 deadline. I am too sensitive to cold that I started to sneeze in succession.

"Where's your coat?" Mattheo asked me when he noticed my predicament.

"I didn't bring any." I smiled sheepishly when I realized my foolishness.

"Here. Wear this." He removed his coat and gave it to me.

"Are you sure? Then you'll be cold. It's my fault anyway and I have to face the consequences."

"It's alright. We're trained to stand the cold. Take it." He insisted.

"Okay. Thank you." I reluctantly receive his coat. My body felt relief when I wore his coat. It was a good thing that it was already warm.

After they said goodbye, we are now bound to return to the palace.

"After you." Greg offered with a mischievous smile. It was suspicious since I'm the first one to enter.

"No. After you Your Highness." I declined his offer to ride first. Surely he's up to something and it is not about having manners.

"No. I want you to get your arse on the car now." He threatened.

"Ugh. Fine!" I entered with hesitation since I'm holding up the line.

Hmmm. Nothing. There's no booby traps or some practical jokes when I sat down. He must have acquired some manners when he spoke with Lady F.

"Move." He ordered when he entered next.

"What?" I asked.

"I said move. I'm gonna sit beside you." He replied.

"Again, what? I'm sitting with Mattheo."

"Not anymore darling." He answered sarcastically. I have no choice but to move towards the window.

I focused my eyes outside for the whole trip. It was also worthy to mention that I have a stiff neck now.

"Are you getting sleepy?" He asked me out of the blue.

"Why do you ask?"

"You can sleep on my shoulder." He declared and tapped his shoulder.

"No thanks but I'm not sleepy." I replied. He frowned like I gave him the wrong answer. I will not be sleepy if I'm beside the devil.

"But when you're beside mnyemnyemnye.." I didn't hear well what he whispered but I didn't bother to ask him. Whatever. He's having some issues again.

----------------------------------------------------------

We arrived at the palace and what an agony to not fall asleep for the whole trip. Right now, all I wanted was to sleep in my bed.

Greg went out with a seemingly sour mood. I went out last and the only thing on my mind is to lay on my bed and drift off to dreamland but no! Prince Gregory decided to pester me.

"Hey sorb!" He called to me. I ignored him and walked faster.

"I'm talking to you!" He grabbed my shoulder and let me face him.

"What?" I asked impatiently.

"I need to talk to you."

"About what?" I retaliated. It's getting colder and I tightened the coat I'm wearing.

"Your coat seems different." He commented.

"It's Mattheo's. He let me borrowed it. Oh no! I need to return it now!" I was about to run in order for me but the prince grabbed my arm.

"What the heck is your problem?" I asked annoyed. "I need to find Mattheo."

He was looking at Mattheo's name that was engraved on his coat.

"You're alway dependent on Mattheo! I need you to stay away from him."

"What? But why?"

"I just want you to stay away from him." He declared like it was just nothing.

"That's crazy! I can't do that!" It's better if I would stay away from him over Mattheo.

"And why not?" He's starting to sound pissed.

"Why not? I like him better than you! He's my only friend here in the palace and I can't just stay away from him for no valid reason!" I answered with conviction.

"You can't just like anybody. I forbid you to like anyone!" He held my arm so tight that it's starting to hurt. He looks furious. His breathing was faster and deeper than usual that his shoulders were moving rapidly.

"Is that so Your Highness? I owe you my service but you don't own me so stop acting like you own my life!" I jerked my arm away from his grip and started to walk away from him.

"Then I order you to stop being with him!"

"I still have a mind of my own Your Highness." Your Highness. Everytime I spoke that phrase is more like a mockery than respect. I can't respect someone who's being an ass.

"You're mine sorb understand that? You're mine!" He screamed that it echoed across the hallway. Heck, it can even be heard at the top of Mt. Everest. I stopped on my tracks because his sudden outburst gave shivers down my spine. It was the first time I felt him exercise his full power as a royal that it made me feel like he actually has ownership over me.

"No you don't." I muttered or whispered. I don't know. I just continued walking and made my way to my room trembling.

---

Follow me for updates. :)