Chapter 23: Ambivalent

It was another day here in the palace. The only difference is that I'm officially not talking to the prince.

After a good night sleep it made me realize how awful he is. How dare he command me those nonsensical things. I don't know if that bastard has to feed his ego by controlling someone else's life.

"So you're officially not talking to me?" Greg asked me and it took him half day of the training to figure that out.

I didn't utter a word. Still not talking to him.

"Why won't you talk to me?" My sarcastic self is being triggered. His memory must also be bad like his attitude. I just looked at him some dead eyes.

He let out a big sigh before speaking again.

"Fine. I'm sorry for what I said yesterday." He apologized.

Should I reply? Nope. Never gonna happen. He's already dead to me.

"Are you gonna say something?" Still not talking to him.

"Anything?" What's he doing? Why is his face keeps getting closer.

I covered his face with my palm and  moved his face backwards. It's like saying back off bitch. Then I walked away to follow Mattheo. More like an excuse to get away from the asshole.

-----------------------------

Next day came and I still would not talk to the prince. He finally noticed it that he was back again in his arrogant self with his straight face. Huh. So he's gonna play this game too. 

He poked my shoulder and ushered me to grab his things. I rolled my eyes and took his things which is in a bag. I just dragged the bag which looks more of a sack and I don't know what it contains but it sure feels heavy like someone's been murdered and forcibly stuffed in the bag. It's a plausible story since he also tried to murder me a  few times before. First, when he attempted to drown me in the river to recover his damn ring and Second, when he deliberately aimed the arrow to my head. And by the way from what I remember, Mattheo was there for me especially when he tackled me to not be shot in the head.

I just realized what a big psycho he is! And to think that he wants me to stay away from Mattheo. Psssh. Never gonna happen. He motioned me to put the bag down on the trash. I just shook my head after realizing that I carried his trash all the way down to the ground floor. As I empty the bag something caught my eye and I immediately stop unloading the contents.

These are not waste. These are my things! That fucking sskldaasndlasdklasdkljsalkdjswaldkj!!! I almost broke my vow of silence just to scream at him. I just squinted at his back while he was walking away and I swear to god he was grinning even though I can't see his face but judging by the way he walks it looks like he accomplished something satisfying.

If he thought he can make me speak a word to him, then he thought wrong because I ain't gonna scream at him. I'm just gonna teach him a lesson. Oh yes Your Highness. It has come to this.

I gathered all my things and put them back in the bag. I returned them to my room before walking to the state room with a heavy foot. He's not there. I can feel myself trembling with anger while cursing under my breath. 

"Excuse me but have you seen the prince?" I asked one of the maids.

"He's  in the art gallery with his father." she replied.

"Thanks." I mentioned before darting to the gallery.

"James?" I stopped on my tracks when I heard a familiar voice. I turned around to confirm who said it and I was hoping it was not my imagination.

"Mom?" and I was right. She was here with dad and my sister. "O my God You're here!" I exclaimed. Tears began  to fell from my eyes as I hug my family whom I didn't see in a long time.

"What brings you here?" I asked and words cannot explain how happy I am to see my family again.

"The prince invited us to attend to the ball. We were surprised yesterday when he personally handed us the invitation. I thought you knew?" My mom said. That is unbelievable.

"The prince? As in Prince Gregory the fourth?" I asked.

"Yes and what a handsome lad he is." My mother commented.

"Really? I mean maybe you have mistaken him for other people."

"Of course not. We have seen his pictures on the news." Dad answered with conviction.

But that's impossible. He's a mean horrible guy. Oh God. I don't know how to react. Is it really him? Maybe it's his way of saying sorry.

"I'll be right back." I said and continued for my search for the prince. I went to the art gallery and saw him coming out of the door. 

"Greg!" I called. Confusion was written on his face maybe because of the fact that I finally said a word to him and why I called him. I ran to him and my emotional self just went and hug the prince.

"Thank you. Thanks for bringing them here." I said to him before running away to return to my family. I know I said that he's the worst. But maybe he's not.  Maybe he's not that bad after all. But seriously, why did he made me throw my things on the trash can.