Chapter 20: The Naked Art

I picked up the package and the cape once I recovered from the blow. A black cape and a mask. Who does he think he is? Batman?

I immediately went to see Mattheo to surrender the mask and a collection of files the theif attempted to stole.

"And what brings you back again?" Before he could utter another word I dropped the objects on his table.

"Are there other guards besides you and me? If so, Why do I always have to save the day?" I sat down and held my ear. It started to ring again.
"Do you have some ice?" Upon asking he went to the back and returned with an ice pack on his hand. "Thank you." I muttured before receiving the cold compress.

"Where did you find this?" He asked me.

"Someone attempted to steal those that's why I chased him. I saw him come out from the wall on the right wing hallway." I instantly felt relief once I applied the ice on my bruise.

"These are classified information that can only be accessed by the Royal Family." He showed me the logo of the palace with a bold letters on the center that said confidential.

He dialed a number on the telephone and said,

"Code red. I need everyone on the room now. I repeat. Code red. I need everyone on the room now."

----------------------------------------------------------

"First of all, whose key is missing?" A man in a long coat asked the bench.

The King and Queen looked at each other until Prince Gregory raised his hand.

"And when did you notice that your key is missing?" He continued to question.

"Just a while ago when we were summoned here." He replied.

"I see..." He muttered. "And did you say you saw someone tried to steal these documents while wearing this cape?" He was now in front of me.

"Yes."

"And did you see the face of this man?"

"I didn't. The sun was behind him. I can only see his silhouette." I replied.

"I can only infer that you stole the royal key from the prince being the Royal Gardein and has an access to his room and then you stole the documents and blamed someone else to away suspicions."

"That's preposterous! Who are you amyway?" I certainly didn't like what he said.

"Agent Carter. The best investigator in the palace." The bastard replied.

"No wonder you're not the best in town or in the world. Your inference sucks!"

"But it's true. It's the most plausible conclusion. Why are you so defensive?"

"Why you-" I was suppose to attack him but Mattheo held me back. How dare he accuse me of being a thief?

"Order! I need order." The king commanded and that's when I dropped the matter.

"Starting today I want everyone to be more firm in checking anyone who enters the palace. I need to have a list of anyone who entered and who went out of the palace. Understood? I don't want anything like this to happen again!" It was the first time I heard the king to raise his voice.

"Yes Your Highness!" The guards in the room replied.

While everyone was busy in their own business, once I got the attention of that investigator I raised my middle finger at him and mouthed 'f*ck you'.

He grinned as if amused and also mouthed 'thank you'.

----------------------------------------------------------

Mattheo was training on the ground and he was shirtless. His toned body was glistening amidst the sun.

"Wow..." I muttered to myself as I admire his body.

"What are you gawking at?" Prince Gregory suddenly appeared beside my shoulder and turned his gaze on what I'm looking.

"Are you oogling at Mattheo's body?" He questioned steeply.

"Pfft. No I'm not!" I answered nervously.

"You quivered." He replied with conviction.

I was supposed to rebut his statement but he shoved me the armaments again.

"Hey assho—" The prince removed his shirt and tossed it to my face. It has a pleasant smell actually but I wouldn't tell him that.

"You should learn to appreciate better things." The shirtless prince said.

++

Hello. I just wanted to thank everyone who read and vote for this story. I'm so happy that it's now more than 10,000 reads and so far it reached #46 on humor! So thank you guys! Let's make it to #1 by voting and leaving a comment. :) Follow me for updates ❤