T W O

~ I Like You ~
• day 2 •
• C H E Y E N N E •

I open my apartment door and bound down the stairs and out of the building, thinking about last night. It was all I was able to think about all day. I knew it had only been 1 day out of so many, but on my normal missions (which typically took less than a day) I'd usually make so much more progress. Last night, I made less than a baby-step with the little interaction Joker and I had.

I'm usually so much better than this.

Yet, as I was thinking today, I realized that in order to get this done and done fast, I couldn't just go in thinking things would go my way when I wanted to. Especially not with the Joker. To start, I had to focus on getting into the lounge. Joker was always in there and in order to gain his trust I needed to be with him. And even getting in there would be a very small step in a huge operation.

I clench my jaw, easily becoming frustrated. I never liked taking small steps in any of my missions. It wasn't my style.

I shove my hands into my hoodie pockets, sighing as I try to think of ways to get into the lounge as I continue my walk to the club. This may be much harder than I first anticipated.

~ at the club ~
• J O K E R •

"Tonight, I'm gonna need you to be on alert," Frost said, drilling the other guards on how they should behave during my meeting tonight. I was only partially listening. "No phones, no talking. Pay close attention. For those of you on the floor, no mingling with the club goers or flirting with the dancers. Don't forget bosses rules about the new dancer. And no drinks unless they're for Boss and his guest. Understood?"

All of the men collectively mumble their yes's as I stand at the bead wall, watching as Cheyenne sits in her cage on the floor, conversing with my girls. I wasn't so sure how I felt about them conversing, but I was much too distracted to think about it too much right now.

Yesterday, Cheyenne's waitressing outfit made quite an impression, but tonight, her outfit made it hard for me to look away. She simply wore a lacy red body suit, a pair of black heels, and she was dusted lightly in glitter that danced in the club lights. She looked delicious.

What fun she would be, I think to myself, my mind racing at the thought of her being one of my girls

I clench my jaw, watching as she glances up at me, an all-knowing smirk on her lips. I know she couldn't see me clearly through the bead wall, but one glance was all she needed to know I was there. She climbs into her cage and closes the door, beginning to dance and socialize with the early club goers.

I had to know her.

I turn to my men, making a sudden decision. "Let's hold the meeting on the club floor."

~20 minutes earlier~
• C H E Y E N N E •

I sat, staring at myself in the vanity mirror in the dressing room. How I was supposed to get into the lounge without revealing my true identity, I had no idea. How I was supposed to convince Joker into letting me up there when he never leaves the lounge, I had absolutely no idea.