T H I R T Y O N E

~ Get Out ~
~ day 56 ~
• C H E Y E N N E •

"Cheyenne, we need to talk," Angel's voice sounds from my phone. I'd been ignoring her calls since she came to my apartment with everyone else. Matter of fact, I've been ignoring everyone's calls. I couldn't find the heart to talk to any of them. I angered too quickly when I thought about them. "You can't ignore me forever. Please call me back. O-Or come by. Or I could come to you. Just talk to me. Please."

Once the message is over, I glance up at Joker who was staring down at the phone blankly. I already knew how he felt about this message. He didn't have to say a word. "I was thinking I should call back."

He looks at me, his brow line furrowing. "You can't be serious. This," he chuckles. I watch as he picks up my phone. "Is a setup."

"What makes you say that?" I ask as he slowly walks away from me, scrolling through my phone.

"Cheyenne," He sighs, pulling the sim card out of my phone. I stand, moving to take the sim card back, but he already bends it up, breaking it in half. "No more talking to them. Any of them. You can't trust anyone but me."

"You and I both know I can't really trust you," I say, taking my phone from him. "What am I supposed to without a phone?"

"You don't need it," he mumbles, turning his attention to the guns he was cleaning before I barged into his office. "You have everyone you need to talk to right here."

"I'm not staying in this warehouse for the rest of my life while you go out and sleep with some floozy that wears coral-colored lipstick." I quip, sitting back down in his office chair. His shoulders tense and he cracks his neck. For the past few days, I've been throwing that up in his face, not having a care in the world about how angry it made him.

"I'm going out. You'd stay put if you knew what was good for you," he growls, turning on his heel and storming out of the room. I watch him, spinning in my chair to keep my eyes on him.

"Tell Chanel I said hello," I call after him right before the door shut behind him. I sigh, turning back around and staring out of the window. I sigh, clenching my jaw.

It was the jealousy that was making me pick with him. I couldn't keep it in. I didn't believe his lame excuse the other night. I knew Joker, I knew what kind of person he was. There's no telling when to trust him and when not to, especially after I walked in on him and Chanel.

I glance at my phone on his desk, thinking about the message that Angel had left me. On impulse, I open his desk drawer, taking a pistol he kept in there and tucking it into the back of my jeans.

You'd stay put if you knew what was good for you.

How did he know what was "good" for me? I stand up, leaving the phone on his desk and leaving the room. Glancing around the hallway, I make sure the coast is clear before I make my way down the stairs, using my footwork skills to avoid making any noise. I just had to make my way to the closed-in foyer where Frost kept the keys to all Joker's cars.

I glance over, watching as the guards watch tv in the living room or drink by the bar. They were so into the things they were already doing to notice me at all. I relax, rolling my eyes and simply walk across the open floor plan toward the small room with the board of keys.

I close the door behind me quietly, locking it and flipping the switch by the door. The wall to the left of me was covered from top to bottom in cork board that had hooks with keys on them. I was in awe, realizing that Joker had a dealership worth of cars in the basement of this place. I didn't have to take my BMW at all, not that I'd be able to find the keys to it easily on this wall seeing as he had several different BMW's.