F I F T E E N

~ The Distraction ~
~ day 30~
C H E Y E N N E •

I pick a piece of lint off of Joker's dress shirt gently before smoothing down his hair and wrapping my arm around him. It felt like I never left the private lounge now that I was back and now, Joker and I were closer than ever. I knew I had secured my spot next to him after the other night. I intended to keep it that way until the time came.

While I sat there on his lap, Joker was drawing little figure eights repeatedly in my inner thigh every few seconds before giving it a firm squeeze. The tension between us was still thick, but it relieved some once I let him touch me. Either way, the rules were still in effect when I wanted them to be. The last four days weren't those types of days.

I stare at him, watching as he talks to Frost. He doesn't even glance in my direction, but I knew I had a portion of his attention. I bring my hand to his cheek, sliding it down to his chest before tracing the tattoos on his chest. Finally, he looks at me, his eyes dark, slight irritation in his expression because I was teasing him all to get a reaction out of him. His grip on my thigh tightens as he begins to speak. "I'm a little busy right now, Princess."

"I just want a little attention," I sigh, pouting at him. How he managed to make me turn from a freedom-driven, disciplined assassin to a girl who wanted his undivided attention in just a matter of minutes, I would never have any idea, but this was something I have to worry about later. I might possibly be simply because I was beginning to give into him. I was finally about to just throw all caution to the wind and drag him to my penthouse.

I lean down a little, my lips skimming his as lightly as possible, teasing at another kiss, the first since the other night. His lips part, daring me to press my lips to his and I'm about to take him up on the offer when I notice my phone screen dimly light up on the coffee table for the 5th time tonight. My eyes dart up to the unreadable screen and Joker immediately notices, but he doesn't acknowledge the phone directly.

I knew that my phone was the mere reason he hadn't had me dancing tonight, why he'd called me into the lounge so abruptly without any real reason. Although I hadn't wanted to be too far from Joker for the past few days, I had been using every last minute I could muster before I had to go to the lounge to talk with Damon. While other girls regularly broke policy, as one of Joker's girls, I never did, so when I did, I knew Joker noticed. What makes it worse is that I couldn't help but continue to look at my phone on the table and I had to fight the urge to reach for it.

"Sweetheart," he purrs, slapping my thigh gently, breaking me out of thought. "Can you get me a drink at the bar? There's no more liquor up here."

I nod and stand so I could pull on my robe, thinking this is my chance to try to grab my phone and text Damon back, but Joker suddenly gives me a gentle, yet firm slap on the butt, signaling for me to hurry. "Hurry back, beautiful."

I take a deep breath before leaving the lounge, rolling my eyes as I make my way down the stairs. I could sense the trouble coming like a storm in the distance. Although neither Joker or Damon were my boyfriends, it felt like I was juggling keeping the two of them concealed from each other and I wasn't doing that well of a job.

I tell the bartender what Joker wants and he begins to make the drink for Joker, doing his best to make it perfect. I turn and lean against the bar, basking in the club atmosphere. Thankfully, the night was almost over and Joker hadn't said a thing about my phone, but there was still a chance I was letting myself off easy too soon.

"Surprise!" I hear a familiar voice say in my ear over the music. I turn, startled by the familiar face. His smile grew as I turned to him, but I couldn't bring myself to smile back as I quickly realized that I had just been forced between a rock named Damon and a hard place named Joker.