S E V E N T E E N

~ Again ~
~ day 34 ~
• C H E Y E N N E •

I sit back in the vanity chair, staring at myself in the mirror as I listen to the other girls murmur and gossip about what happened to Chanel. Apparently, the cut was deeper than I thought and she ended up needing stitches. She'd be out of work for a little while, which was actually considerably convenient for her. I don't know how much longer I would be able to let her live.

I roll my eyes, listening to their weak attempts at whispering about me from across the room. I sigh, turning to look at them. "If you're going to talk about me, it would probably be in your best interest not to do it in the same room as me."

It doesn't take them more than a second to understand what I was saying before they all quiet and file out of the room. Not long after, Suki and Ace come in, looking at me with a little bit of aggravation.

"What?" I ask them, already knowing the lecture I was about to get from them. I'd been in the most sour mood since I caught Joker and Chanel so I might have been a little reckless and neither Ace or Suki knew why. And, I couldn't tell them because then they'd think I have feelings for Joker. Which I didn't. At least, that's what I told myself.

"You need to stop threatening everyone," Ace says, coming to sit next to me. "I don't know what your problem is, but-"

"I know," Suki says from behind me. My attention turns to her as I stare at her in the mirror, my heart beating in my chest. Did she know? Did Chanel open her big mouth? "She needs some di-"

"Okay, okay," I interrupt her, chuckling. I was so relieved when I realize that she was just being her silly self and she didn't have the slightest clue of what was really going on. "I'll stop. I'm sorry."

They knew I wouldn't stop, but it's not like I could control it. I was just naturally threatening and I'd been faking like I wasn't for the last 5 weeks. It wasn't easy. "Listen," I start, standing out of my chair and pulling on my clothes. "I'm leaving a little early tonight. I have a job tonight and it has to be done by sunrise."

"Okay, well," Suki starts, tilting her head. "We figured that we should put things in motion in the next week or so."

"I meant to tell you there's another girl in on this now," I tell them, suddenly remembering that Angel was in this now, too. "We'll meet up with her and figure stuff out."

Suki nods before turning to Ace motioning for her to follow her out of the room. Ace stares at me for a few seconds before finally getting up and following Suki out of the room. I had a feeling both her and Suki were suspicious, but they were ignoring it. They had no hard proof and I think they both knew it'd be a good idea not to confront me.

I set my backpack down in my chair, opening it to look for my car keys, which had to be buried in there somewhere. I hear the door open behind me and for a moment I think it may be Ace or Suki come back to confront me.

"I told you, it was noth-" I sigh, glancing in the mirror, finding a familiar redhead standing right behind me. I turn around, trying to control my anger as I looked her up and down. Her arm was in a sling and her upper arm was wrapped in gauze. "Why are you here?"

"I came to pick up my stuff," Chanel explains, her attitude surprisingly calm. Instead of acknowledging her statement, I just turn around and continue looking in my bag for my keys. I just wanted to get out of here and the more I looked at Chanel, the more I'm reminded of the other night. I needed to go before I ended her life this time, in the dressing room, where no one could stop me.

The room falls silent once more besides my shuffling around in my backpack and her walking around the room, getting her belongings. I pay her no mind, finally finding my keys at the very bottom of my bag under my clothes. Along with my keys, my fingers skim my pistol at the bottom of my bag. I wrap my fingers around the grip, feeling the cool metal in my warm hands. I turn around, the gun still in my hand and pointed at Chanel who was standing directly behind me quietly.