T W E N T Y N I N E

~ Mine ~
~day 53 ~
• C H E Y E N N E •
(AYO MA! this chapter contains smut -
don't say i didn't warn u. 🖤)

I take off my sunglasses as I make my way up the marble stairs, taking a deep breath. The closer I got to the grand wooden door of Wayne Manor, the more nervous I became. I'm gonna hate to see the look of disappointment on Bruce's face, but, my plan was to fake it like I don't know what's going on.

Putting on a fake smile, I push open the door and take a deep breath. "I'm home!"

Alfred was already waiting by the door, his expression solemn as he looks at me. My heart sank as I turn to him. "Master Bruce was just about to come to you."

"Well, tell him to put the Batmobile away. I'm here now," I chuckle, trying to ignore the way he was looking at me.

He doesn't respond to me and I roll my eyes, pushing my hair out of my face. "How can you be so relaxed in a situation like this, Cheyenne?"

My smile almost drops along with the phony attitude before I turn to look at him. This is what I feared the most. I clench my jaw, maintaining the grin. "Alfred, I have no idea what you're talking about," I chuckle. I wish I could have told him the truth, but I knew better than to speak so freely in a house full of bugs. "Where's Dad? The Batcave?"

"In the living room," he says quietly before leaving me by myself. My grin finally drops as I watch him walk away from me and disappear into another room of the house. He would never leave me when I had to go to another part of the house if he could help it. I clear my throat, fighting tears before making my way to the living room by myself.

Before I even make it all the way into the room, I see him sitting on the couch, his back to me, and Selina sitting on the coffee table in front of him. Her eyes dart up to meet mine, her head tilting slightly. I clench my jaw as I make it over the threshold of the room, ready to begin my rude banter with her as if the room wasn't tense at all.

"I understand that cats are your thing or whatever," I chuckle, sitting on the arm of the same couch that Bruce was sitting on and crossing my legs. "But hasn't anyone told you that it's not okay to sit on furniture that's not for sitting?"

"I'd watch my tone if I were you," Selina warns, standing up and crossing her arms at me. I smirk, surprised at her sudden outburst of confidence. I knew it was only because she thought she had leverage over me, but no matter what happened, she never would.

"What are you gonna do?" I ask, standing straight and an amused grin on my face. "Scratch me?"

"Cheyenne," Bruce says, sitting up in his seat. I glance at him before rolling my eyes and sitting back down. "Selina, can you give us a moment."

I chuckle, reading his tone as more than a demand than a request. Selina looks between the both of us before sighing and leaving the room. I huff, standing up before sitting on the couch on the other side of the coffee table. "What's up, dad? I heard you were looking for me."

"Selina told me what she saw," Bruce says hesitantly before looking at me carefully. I didn't like the feeling of him being careful, it made me feel uneasy, like everything that he trained me on was as fragile as a house of cards, it had no foundation.

"What did she "see"?" I ask, a bitter scoff leaving me. It was hard to keep up this act, but I needed to.

"You know what she saw," he says, his voice somewhat exhausted. I stand, moving to the other side of my room to pour myself a glass of his aged whiskey.

"Do you really believe her?" I ask him, closing the cap on the decanter. "Did you notice any holes in her story?"

I turn to face him and he's squinting at me. I knew he was processing it and whatever story she told him was beginning to make less and less sense. I stare down at my feet for a moment, smirking out of triumph. I knew this wouldn't be too hard.