F O U R T E E N

~ Ace ~
~day 26 ~
• C H E Y E N N E •

I walk into the club, looking around. I roll my eyes, wishing I could simply go back to my apartment and let the rest of my days past, but I was still driven by the motivation to be free. Although I'd never admit it out loud, I had almost forgotten how much I actually kind of liked it here. I still hadn't forgiven Joker, but I knew I'd never receive an apology, the situation probably wouldn't even be acknowledged, so I had to move past it. Besides, I had other things to think about. Like my slowly, but surely developing feelings for both Joker and Damon. It just added to the stress I got from my nightmares. I was so tense, but there was nothing I could do about it. Not right now.

I barely make it straight back to the dressing room before Suki comes running toward me from the bar, giving me a hug. I chuckle as she begins to ramble about the plans she'd come up with while I was gone. Her attitude was infectious. It seemed like she was always in a good mood, no matter the circumstances.

"Oh, yeah," she says, rolling her eyes as I push open the dressing room door. She hushes her tone, making sure the other dancers in the room couldn't hear her talking. "Joker got my backup phone. I don't know what he did with it, but-"

"Is that the phone you called me on?" I ask, my attention turning to her. She furrows her eyebrows, nodding.

"Yeah, why?" She asks, moving to the other side of me as I pulled clothes out of my bag. I sigh, rolling my eyes as I piece together how exactly he found my place.

"He came to my place that night. He must have traced the call." I tell her, she mutters an 'of course' as she walks away from me and to the vanity where her own clothes were. "I managed to avoid him, but either way he knows where I live now."

"He didn't find the room did he?" She asked, waiting for the women in the room to clear out. She walks over to me, running a brush through her hair. I shake my head, motioning for her to turn away from me as I change into my outfit for the night.

"Don't use any phones in the club anymore unless you're in the dressing room," I say, stepping into my heels and pulling on a robe. "We can't risk him getting too curious, we're too clo-"

The lounge door opens, revealing someone that I hadn't seen before. Immediately, I look the girl up and down, my guard going up like walls as I got all bad vibes from her. I slowly walk towards Suki whose eyes were narrowed and stand next to her, watching the unfamiliar female run her hand through her hair. The girl was strange only because she acted like she was the only person in the room like Suki and I weren't even there.

Behind my back, I open my hand and Suki slides a dagger into it handle first. Hesitantly, I make my way to the other side of the room. It'd be better for Suki and I to be separated so if this strange girl decided to jump at us, she'd have her guard down for the other one of us. I watch in astonishment as she walks towards my vanity and moves my bag over to another vanity. That was it. I hadn't the slightest bit of patience and she just crossed the line. I grab the girl by the arm and twist it behind her back, pull her toward me, and hold the dagger up to her neck.

Surprisingly, the girl was far from afraid of the weapon or the gun Suki now had pointed to the middle of her head and she struggled to get out of my grasp. She was strong, but not strong enough. "Be cooperative and no one dies tonight," I growl in her ear through gritted teeth. "Keep struggling and I'll have her shoot. She won't miss and I'm feeling real trigger happy."

She grunts in what seemed like anger, but she obliges by the rules finally relaxing. I clench my jaw, turning to push her in the chair. She glares up at me and despite the girl agreeing to be good, Suki keeps her gun pointed at her steadily. I pull a chair away from a vanity and jam in under the doorknob so no one would come into the dressing room.