E I G H T E E N

~ Gotham City Sirens ~
~ day 35 ~
• C H E Y E N N E •

I twist one of my curls around my finger, thankful that I decided not to straighten my hair once I felt how humid it was. On the other hand, I wasn't so thankful for the decision I made to walk to work once I saw how busy the sidewalks were. I was much too lazy and much too late to run upstairs and grab my keys and the streets were equally as congested as the sidewalks. I sigh, rolling my eyes as I walk in the direction of the club, aggressively pushing past people who aggressively pushed back. I barely make it two blocks before I figured that if this didn't let up soon, I was gonna kill somebody.

Out of the corner of my eye, I notice an empty alleyway. Weighing my options, I decided that this would be better for me. Instead of trying to push through this crowd of people, I'd just walk through the alleys. Ducking into the alleyway, I feel relieved as I'm freed from the cramped sidewalk. I tuck my hands in my pockets, walking through the winding alleyways.

I'm close to the club when I catch the eerie feeling that someone was watching me. I glance around, finding the alley behind me and the shadows both empty. Narrowing my eyes, I pull my hood over my head making sure my steps quiet so I could hear all the sounds around me. My steady walk turns to hesitant steps as I stare down at my feet. My eyebrows furrow as I notice a small weed snake around my shoe, making me stumble a bit.

I roll my eyes, feeling my shoulders relax and I kick my foot as hard as I could and snap the plant from its root in the crack in the asphalt. I press my hands into my back pocket, making sure I had a small pocket knife just in case. Poison Ivy never hurt me before, but she was friends with Selina. She was no one to trust. "What do you want, Red?"

She steps out from the shadows, a small smirk on her face. I furrow my eyebrows, noticing two other girls step out behind her. What catches my attention is the girl two pigtails. One blue, one pink. Harley.

"Hello, darling

"Hello, darling." Poison Ivy says, her voice smooth like velvet. I pull my hood off, clenching my jaw out of anger, but I feign a smirk, putting on a show for the three girls so they wouldn't know that they were getting under my skin. The Gotham City Sirens.

"Hello, Pammy," I sigh, giving her a phony smile. She flips her hair over her shoulder, slowly walking closer to me. "What do you want?"

"Aw, no small talk?" She pouts, reaching over to touch me. I move away from her, resisting the urge to push her. She chuckles, resting her hands on her hips. "I've got a job for you."

I furrow my eyebrows at her, wondering if she's at all serious and when she just watches me expectantly. A smile tugs at the corner of my lips and I can't control myself, letting out a laugh. "You're funny if you think I'm gonna work for you." I chuckle, watching as she furrows her eyebrows.

"She wasn't asking," I hear Livewire say from behind her, electricity crackling from her fingertips. I narrow my eyes, looking her up and down.