T W E N T Y

~ Bittersweet Freedom ~
~ day 38 ~
• C H E Y E N N E •

I sit on my bed, the girls sitting in front of me expectantly. The phone sat between us, calling my name. Tonight was the night. There was nothing left to do. The room was ready, the car was in an alley a couple blocks from the club, and Suki had already stashed the drugs in the dressing room. There was nothing left I could do to prolong this, no more time to convince them to forget about the whole thing.

"Why do I have to do this again?" I ask, looking up at them. They collectively sigh at my putting this off.

"This is how we'll trap him," Angel says, picking up the phone and forcing it into my hand. "He can't say no to sex."

I look between the three of them, turning the phone in my hand. It was already unlocked, the number was already dialed. All I had to do was press the little green button on the screen.

"He especially can't say no to someone as hot as you, Chey," Ace assures me, making me chuckle. I stare down at the phone for a moment, still considering going through with this.

"Cheyenne, remember all the times he fucked you over?" Suki says, snapping me out of my trance. "Pointed a gun to your head, kicked you out of the lounge for protecting him. Yeah, it might've been to keep him alive for your freedom, but he was fucking lucky to have you in the past month. Otherwise, he'd be dead. Remember all the times he took advantage of that?"

I look at her, my rage bubbling up as she spoke. Even though she didn't know the whole truth, she was right. Unconsciously moving to press the button. My heart beats against my ribcage as I realize there's no turning back. I could hear the dial tone, it was too late to hang up. There was no more time for mental prep. I hesitantly bring the phone up to my ear, waiting for him to answer.

"I'm a little busy," I hear him say on the other end. My heart warms a bit, out of happiness to hear his voice and sadness because it'd probably be the last time I'd hear him sound like that for me. "What's wrong?"

For a minute, I stop myself from saying anything. I didn't want to do this. I couldn't do this.

"Princess?" I hear his say, snapping me out of my trance. I blink, looking up at the girls who were leaning forward, itching with anticipation. I have to do this.

"I-I...hey. I'm sorry, I'm just a little nervous," I sigh, playing with my fingers as I put the phone on speaker and set it back down on the bed.

"Why?" I hear him ask, confused. I gulp, biting my lip. If I went through with this, said what the girls told me to say, there'd be no backing out.

"Well," I start, clearing my throat, pushing my hair out of my face. "I've been thinking about it since the other night. And I figured that you and I have a night together. I'm done pushing you away. I want you."

For several seconds, it's quiet on the other end of the phone. I look up at the girls, exchanging confused glances. Did the call drop? Did he die? "Hello?"

"Fuck yes, Cheyenne," he growls, the animalistic sound sending a jolt of chills through my body. If only I were really going there for sex tonight. "I'll meet you in the lounge tonight."

Before I can answer to confirm it, he hangs up, leaving just the girls and I. They each had an excited grin on their faces before they stood up, jumping around the room and screaming about how they were getting everything they wanted. Although I was also excited, I was equally as nervous. I wasn't sure if this is what I wanted.

~ several hours later ~

I take a sip from my glass, staring at myself in the mirror as I sat in the vanity chair. We were the only 3 in the room, making sure to jam a chair under the handle so no one else could come in. I had all these unsettling thoughts about the many days this could go wrong. Unsettling thoughts about Joker absolutely hating me, wanting to kill me. I clench my jaw, glancing over, watching Ace and Suki check their weapons.