F I V E

~Fired~
~day 8~
J O K E R

I bring a blunt to my lips in an effort to calm my nerves, watching Cheyenne dancing in her cage in front of the beaded wall. The first night she had been lifted up so that I could see her from the lounge and I couldn't even enjoy it. There were other matters I ended up having to attend to. Like Jessica and Cassidy. I listen as Frost talks, fury causing my blood to boil.

"She technically told them they threatened her." He says, shaking his head as he stood next to me. His tone was so "I told you so" and all I wanted to do was to hit him, but there were more important things to take my rage out on. "I know you told us to keep an eye on her. I didn't catch the chance to talk to them yet and I didn't want to do anything without talking to you first."

I give him no sign of acknowledgment as I process this information. I was in distress as I realized that I was feeling this sense of wanting to protect Cheyenne. She was something I wanted. I wanted to preserve the relationship I had with Cheyenne, seeing as she was more fun and much more interesting than both Jessica and Cassidy combined. Going with my initial instinct, I take another pull from my blunt before turning to Frost. "Bring them to me."

"You mean bring them into the lounge?" He asks, his tone surprised and hesitant. I glance at him, tilting my head as if to ask him what he thought I meant. He nods, following my orders and leaving the room. I take another pull from my blunt, watching Cheyenne past my haze of intoxication. My thoughts were running a million miles a minute as I was watching her. I blow the smoke out of my mouth, letting the effects of the sativa relax me as I thought about her. How had she managed to keep me so interested? No other dancer could manage to constantly entertain me since I got back, not even Jessica and Cassidy. They only ever interested me for a few hours, but they could never keep my attention with their constant neediness and touchiness. Now, Cheyenne, I had to convince her into giving me attention. And I couldn't get enough of the challenge she put up.

The door opens behind me and my shoulders tense, not knowing how this was going to end. I turn, watching as Jessica and Cassidy look around the lounge in awe. This was the first time they'd ever been up here. Like I said, I could never take more than few hours of them, so I definitely didn't want them up here with me all night. I step toward them slowly, the effects of the weed beginning to catch up with me. Feeling my body relax immensely, I force myself to sit down and press the blunt into the ashtray

They both greet me with loving smiles before coming to sit on my lap, showering me with affection that I didn't want. I tense my arms, pushing them off me and standing, walking across the room. I couldn't bear to be so close to them. I was blinded by rage and weed. My mind was swarming and my heartbeat was heavy and pounding in my chest. All I could think about was how much I absolutely hated them all of a sudden. I couldn't stand the sight of them and I knew it was because of the threats they made to Cheyenne.

"J," Cassidy asks, her tone as sweet as sugar. It made me grit my teeth. "What's the matter?"

I don't respond, I don't even look at them. I needed to calm down before I exploded. I stagger toward the bar and pour myself a cup of Hennessy, knowing that it wasn't a good idea to be mixing weed and hard liquor, but I could care less right now. I would worry about it in the morning.

I feel a pair of hands on my shoulders and my tense posture relaxes. I almost completely forget that I'm mad as Jessica and Cassidy's hands rub my back and arms. I bring the cup to my lips, taking a small sip.

"Baby?" Jessica says me quietly, turning my head to look at her. I stare down into her blue eyes as Cassidy begins to kiss my neck. I clench my jaw, retracting my feelings of hate for them suddenly. I didn't love them, but sometimes, I just loved being around them. I set my glass down and bring my lips to Jessica's, holding her face in my hands. She rests her hand on my forearm, kissing me back passionately. Her lips were soft, sweet, and longing. Cassidy softly nudges me so I sit down on the barstool behind me and moves Jessica so she could kiss me. Cassidy's kiss was mixed with lust and love and I couldn't help my run my hand over her body, feeling her warmth as she stands between my legs.