T H R E E

~ Selina ~
~ day 3 ~
• C H E Y E N N E •

So, truth be told, for a while I forgot how it felt to not live in a mansion. When Bruce kicked me out and sent me to this apartment building, it took a while to adjust. It was kind of janky and I'm pretty sure that the building got raided a little bit ago while I wasn't here, but I grew to like it, surprisingly. Being an assassin, this was the perfect hideout. Somewhere to go when I needed to lay low, and no one knew how to find me unless I wanted them too or they were especially determined.

Either way, it's not like I was here much for those who were trying to find me. I was always running around the streets of Gotham or at Wayne Manor.

The most I kept in here was a mattress without the bed frame, a lamp without the shade, and a fridge full of cold air. I also had some clothes, but a lot was still at Wayne Manor. There's barely any evidence that I lived here to begin with. And I liked it that way.

I grab a jacket and put it on before leaving my apartment. As much as I wanted to avoid Wayne Manor right now, I had no choice. I needed to get more clothes for the club and Selina wasn't going to stop me from coming home.

I get in my car, sighing as I turn on the engine. This car does nothing but make me reminisce about a time where Selina wasn't a factor and Bruce didn't have a vendetta against me. If it hadn't been for Selina, Bruce wouldn't have found out that I was a hit woman. Not that soon, at least.

Putting my foot on the break and shifting into drive, I sigh and put my hands on the wheel before driving away from the apartment building and towards Wayne Manor.

~ 20 minutes later ~

I open the huge doors and smile, greeted by the all too familiar smell of Wayne Manor. I step in, happy to be home.

"Bruce!" I call out, my voice echoing throughout the empty foyer. Normally, he'd answer me right away, but he was nowhere to be found. I close the door, stepping forward and wandering forward. "Bru-"

"If he didn't answer the first time, what makes you think he'd answer the second?" I hear someone sigh from the Great Hall. I roll my eyes before making my way up the stairs and finding Selina standing in the doorway of the living room.

"I don't know, but that's my prerogative, isn't it?" I retorted, crossing my arms. She furrows her eyebrows at me, watching as I retreat into the kitchen.

"Don't you have a mission you're supposed to be on?" she asks from behind me. I turn my head slightly, seeing that she's following me into the kitchen. I roll my eyes.

"Don't you have some petty theft to commit?" I turn, making her suddenly stop in her tracks. Her face turns a light shade of pink as her face contorts in anger. I turn and continue to walk away into the kitchen, still feeling her presence behind me. "Isn't there anything better for you to do than follow me around?"