Chapter 14

Lilly's POV
•••••••••••••••••

Logan had fallen asleep on the couch and Matt had texted me telling me that he wouldn't be able to pick me up and to just stay there.

Slowly but carefully I replaced my lap with a pillow and pulled the blanket over him and kissed his head softly. A smile went over his lips briefly before mumbling something I couldn't get out and cuddled up under the fluffy blanket.

I walked into Logan's room seeing Katie laying there on the bed asleep. I grabbed the pair of boxers and baggy t shirt Logan had set out for me to sleep in. After changing in the bathroom I climbed into bed carefully not to wake up Katie. That failed when Katie rolled over to look at me rubbing her eyes.

"Lilly?" she asked in a whisper. Shit, I didn't mean to wake her, Logan won't be happy if she's cranky tomorrow.

"Yes, now go back to sleep. A pretty girl like you needs her sleep so she can be even prettier in the morning." I whispered kissing her forehead lightly.

"Will I be pretty like you?" her bright blue eyes were shining in the dim light that was shining in from behind the curtains.

"Everyone is unique in their own way. So you will be pretty like you. Now, I don't want you daddy to get angry with me for waking you up so please try and sleep for me? I'll get you some ice cream tomorrow." I promised.

"I has one more question." I nodded slowly, "Do you really love my daddy?" she asked. How do I put this in a way a four year old would understand?

"Yea I do. He's really sweet to me. I hope he loves me back too, but sometimes things don't work out well. I hope it works out for me and your daddy because maybe one day he will love me back." I said and took a deep breath. Giggles. Her response is giggles? Does she know something I don't? Oh god this is scary.

"Promise not to tell daddy I told you this?" she held out her pinky which I linked with my pinky with waiting for her to tell me what Logan didn't want me to know, "Daddy's in love." she giggled.

"With who?" I asked biting the inside of my cheek holding back tears. What if he was just being nice to me? Of he was just using me as a toy or something. "Katie?" I whispered looking at the now sleeping girl.

Wow. What the fuck. I may actually cry right now. I turned over and let a few tears go down my cheeks as I thought of why Logan could be being so good to me. Slowly I cried myself to sleep silently.

•••••••••••••••

Katie wasn't next to me anymore. The sun was blinding me even through closed eyelids. Stupid sun why do you have to be so bright?

Suddenly I heard giggling from outside in the living area. I ran my hand through my hair and yawned stretching. I got up and put my ear to the door.

"Daddy?"

"What's up kate?"

"You like Lilly a lot right? Maybe even love her?"

My heart stopped.

"Promise not to tell her when she wakes up?" his voice sounded raspy and deep like he had just woken up.

"I do like her a lot. Promise me Katie that you won't tell her or let it out that i have a crush on her." he said sternly when I heard Katie's familiar giggle.

"Will you two ever be boyfriend, girlfriend?"

"One day soon." my heart did flips at that, "I don't think she'll say yes though." he sighed.