Chatper 17

Logan's POV
••••••••••••••••••

I was freaking out I accidentally let out that Matt had done drugs before. Now Lilly is pissed off at me for not telling her. This date is turing out to be shit.

Slowly, I sat up and rubbed my eyes "Lilly let me explain this okay?" She stood up and got out of the truck. "Lilly! where the hell are you going?!" i shouted before standing up and hopping off the truck and onto the dirt road. I caught up to her and turned her around. "Would you quit being a child and listen to me!" I shouted at her and watched her cross her arms.

"You know I thought you would be different than other guys, but no. Your all secretive and are always angry. You can't even tell me about my brother? What the fuck is up with that? Your a fucking jerk." she glared up at me. I'm ready to explode now.

"You didn't even let me explain! Yes. Matt did drugs before but I stopped him. I saved your brothers life basically. Goddammit Lilly, you know what take the fucking car I need some air tell Katie I'll pick her up later." I said and dropped my keys on the ground and turned around walking the opposite way from the truck

I just want to get away for a while. I heard the truck start and watched it whiz past me. I called Matt and but my lip.

"Two calls one night. I don't like where this is going."

"Yeah. Well your sister knows you did drugs I told her I stopped you. Now she took my truck and I'm out here in the middle of no where. Can you watch Katie until I find my way home?" I asked.

"God you have a big mouth Logan, but yes I'll watch Katie. She's asleep on the couch right now, I'll text you of Lilly comes home. She's gonna be crying and hitting me isn't she?"

"Yep. Pretty much. She called me a jerk. She said I was like other guys, I feel like shit man. Don't let her scream at you to loud I don't want Katie getting upset." I sighed as I heard a door open on the other end of the line.

"I'll uh call you later. It has arrived." he said before he hung up.

Well at least I know my girls and my best friend are safe. Me on the other hand, I have no idea where I'm going. I should've seen this coming. I mess up on all dates.

I looked up at the sky and kicked the rocks under my feet. I was ripped out of my stare up at the sky by my phone vibrating in my pocket. Who is calling me now? Pulling it out of my pocket I saw a name I didn't expect at all.

My dad. Mr. Lerman. The father I haven't talked to in a very long time. What does he want?

•••••••
Lilly's POV
•••••••

I cried all the way home. Yes, I was driving his truck and I left him in the middle of no where, but I felt like shit after what he said and what I had said.

Once I got home I slammed the door shut and saw Matt hanging up his phone. He looked at me and started walking toward me, but I held my hand out stopping him.

"Don't. Don't talk to me." I said and threw Logan's keys at him then ran up to my room slamming the door again.

I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I looked like complete and utter shit. My make up was smeared, my hair was frizzy and all over the place. The sight brought more tears to my eyes.

I changed into comfortable clothes and put my hair into a bun and laid ob my bed once my make up was removed.

Downstairs I heard talking, then a knock at my door. After a few seconds Katie walked in and closed the door behind her. She crawled up on the bed and looked at me.

"Lilly why are you crying?" she asked in her sweet little innocent voice.

"I don't know anymore Katie. I just am having a bad day you know?" I said not really wanting to go into detail about the situation to a four year old.

"Do you need to cry more? I don't want you to be sad." she said and pulled me into a hug.

She's a sweet little girl. How did she end up being so nice when she came from Logan and some whore. Logan's nice most times, but still.

"I don't know Katie but thank you for being so nice to me. Your a good best friend." I said and gave her a small smile which was returned and even wider.

We heard a door open down stairs and Katie immediately got up and locked the door. She's smart too.

"No one will get in here. We can have fun together." she said and crawled back in. Then someone knocked at the door. "Go away!" she yelled in her little girl voice.

"Katie I have to talk to Lilly." ugh Matt. He jiggled the door knob. "Let me in girls."

"Matt just leave. I don't want to talk to you right now." I mumbled and let Katie braid my long blonde hair that came about mid-way down my back.

"Fine I'll talk to you in the morning, but I have no idea where the hell Logan is so I'm going to go pick him up and drive him home." Katie gasped.

"My daddys lost?!" she shouted and ran to the door unlocking it. "I-I want to come with and see my daddy! We have to find him!" she said and hugged Matt's legs crying into them. He bent down and hugged her

"I know where he is, but I just have to go get him. Can you do me a huge favor? Can you stay here and watch Lilly for me and make sure she doesn't get to upset. I promise I'll bring your daddy home as soon as possible ill tell him to call you when I pick him up okay? How does that sound?" Matt would be a great dad one day, I can tell. He pecked Katie's nose and hugged her. "Alright I'm going to go now. Take care of Lilly for me." he said and got up walking down stairs and out the door.

Katie turned around and looked at me. "Do you think my daddy's okay?" she sniffled and curled up next to me. I nodded.

"I'm sure he's fine. He's very strong and brave you know. " I told her.

"Can you tell me a story?" she asked and played with her tiny little fingers.

"I'm not very good at stories." I sighed and frowned.

"Then tell me a story about you and daddy. You two are in love right? Like a prince and a princess." she said and looked at me hopefully. I wish we were like a prince and a princess. Chances are he didn't even like me anymore.

"I guess we are. See me and your daddy really like each other, but I'm not sure about that anymore. See tonight, we were supposed to be on a really fancy date. I wore a pretty dress and he got all handsome. Then something happened. We got into a fight and I left because I was upset and sad." I said and frowned sniffling again, "Truth is Katie, I am in love with your daddy and I want to be his girlfriend but he doesn't like me like that." I said and wiped my eyes.

"But he does. He told me this morning he loved you. He told me that love is the strongest thing ever and nothing would make him stop loving you." she was so innocent, but that just made me smile with tears going down my cheeks.

"C'mon let's go get some ice cream and then we can watch a movie." I said and stood up grabbing her hand and walking down stairs with her.

Katie is a very sweet little girl. She knew how to make me feel better and she kind of made me want to have kids of my own. Not now though. Seventeen is to young for me right now. I hope one day she has a daughter just as good as her.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I'm sorry for the wait :(

What does Logan's dad want?

Over six hundred reads? Well shit. Thanks for read ;3

-Jenn