(14) You prove yourself wrong

Ryder's POV

"Okay! Okay your fun is enough. Now slow down! Before you crash her!" I exclaimed. She slowed down and I sigh in relief. "You street race right?" I asked her, she glance at me and bit her lip. Damn! I really want to kiss those lips..

"Yeah I started when I was 14 young right? Jax thought me how to drive in that kind of age, how to change gears and other stuff. Do you race too?" She asked me

"Yeah! Before we move here in California"

"Why did you move here in the first place?" I clenched my fist remembering everything that happenend, she glanced at my way and saw my fist "I'm so sorry for bringing it up forget that I asked"

"It's fine!" I reassured her she smiled until we heard gunshots.

"Fuck!" She cursed and looked at the rear view mirror "Is it fine if this car get shot? Don't worry i'll get you a new one"

"What the hell is happening?" As I looked at the side mirror seeing a guy shooting us.

"I'll explain it to you everything I need you to take the wheel now!"

"Are you insane!" I yelled at her, she took a gun from her waist okay I didnt know she has a gun. She started opening tha dash cabinet and took out my gun. "How do you know I have it in there?" I looked at her shock and saw her face emotionless.

"Just take the damn wheel!" I took the wheel and she opened the roof hatch she started shooting 'You are not gonna get away with this Mendoza!' She yelled and shoot the wind shield and shoot the driver in the head and then wheel but not the least the gas tank. She closed the hatch sat down at the back breathing heavily.She looked back in a few seconds the car explode. What the hell!

"You okay?" She bit her lip and closed her eyes.

"I need you to take a route at Richmond Avenue and go to a white vintage house now!" She yelled at me, I pressed the pedal and swerve to the address. I kept looking at her until I realize her shoulder was shot. I stopped infront of the house and helped her out.

"Who's house is this?" I asked her and she knocked. Few seconds later the door opened.

"Hey kiddo!" A man opened the door he's like mid twenties.

"Hey Uncle Andre" She smiled and he looked at me suspiciously I gulp then look back at her.

"Get in!" He said and she grabbed my arm well that was rude. "What happenend?" He asked once we reach the living room I guess.

"Well Mendoza is back and we went on a car chase so...." He looked away

"Okay and who's this? Wait hold up. Martha! Alex is here!" He yelled and a woman ran downstairs "Sweet heart I said no running!" He said

"Sorry honey. Oh! Alex I missed you so muchh!!" As she hugged her "Who are you??" She asked looking at me. "Are you her boyfriend?!"

"Auntie his not my boyfriend he-"

"Yet! Now sit down!" She commanded I smiled and shook my head. We both sat down and Andre I guess walked in with a medical kit on hand "Croptop out!" She removed her croptop and flannel leaving her on a white top or lets say red.

She took a white cloth "Bite!" Alexa bit the cloth then Martha took a tweezer the pull out the bullet.

"Fuck!" Alexa screamed in pain. I grabbed her hand and squeezed it to know that I here she smiled at me with pain in her eyes.

"Language young lady" Andre warned while hes on the phone. Martha rolled her eyes and continue doing her thing.

"Who are you?" I asked Martha that is now cleaning the wound.

"Alex is our niece or our second child I might say, Oh let me tell you something!" She chirped and Alexa groaned. "If you thought about her being a nerd or Ms. Goody two shoes you prove yourself wrong she's a total bad ass. I'm so sorry honey we didnt get into a proper introduction. I'm Martha and that is my husband Andre and you are?"

"Ryder Matthews ma'am" She nodded and smiled she's cool Okay now I know where Alexa got her coolness. If thats even a word

"Okay we are good! Andre look at the bullet hun!" He walked in and took the bullet looking at it intently.

"Its a bullet tranquilizer" Andre spoke

"A tranquilizer? That thing could get you killed any second once that thing hit you!" I spoke they all looked at me amused "What? I'm guy full of secrets"

"You are one of a kind kid! I think I like you whats your name son?"

"Ryder Matthews sir!" I replied

"You're a Matthews! You're the son of Ramsey aren't you?" Okay wait what? How does he know my dad? I nodded "I knew it!"

"What are you talking about?" The girls asked in unison

"Remember Ramsey? In London?" He asked and the girls looked at him confuse and he raised an eyebrow.

"I remember him!" Martha chirp

"Let me tell you son straight to the point." I looked at him confuse "You are not a Matthews you are a Maxford." Andre looked at me in the eyes. Is he serious? Who the hell is Maxford?!

"Yes I am!" He replied "You think too loud but Skye Maxford is your real father"

"Skye Maxford! One of the fastest racer in the world and top 5 in most wanted people in 1998" Alexa exclaimed and looked at me. "If you're the son of Maxford that means you're Blake Asher Maxford?"

"I..I don't know what you're talking about. I have no Idea"

"You don't know who you are?" Alexa looked at me in confusion. I shook my head.

"Alex he doesn't know who he really is and so are you but now I guess he's in the right time and age to know who his family really is" Martha said

"I want to know who I really am"