Chapter 4

Louis's POV

I decided that I wasn't going to be mean to Harry anymore. He's going to be coming to my house a lot to study and I can't have my mum question him on his injuries. Normally I would've just ignored him but I decided he might actually be pretty cool.

I decided to be nice to him ever since my favorite and coolest cousin came out as gay. He's a funny, energetic, sarcastic and outgoing lad. He's my favorite family member. He came out on Thursday the day before Harry became my tutor. I thought nothing of it at first but Monday night I did a lot of thinking and decided to not bully Harry anymore. I wasn't just going to stop out of nowhere without an explanation so I just told him about my mum questioning him.

 I called my cousin on Tuesday before Harry came over and asked him about his gayness. He told me he gets bullied sometimes at school but not that much since he is pretty strong, but he is called names from time to time. He says he can deal with it but it still bothers him. I felt guilty when he told me that because Harry isn't just called names, he is also physically hurt... by me. I decided that I was going to talk to Liam today about not bulling Harry and for him to stop. I don't have to talk to Niall because he was never really a bully... he just sleeps around, making him the nicest out of the three of us.

I was thinking so much that I didn't even realize I arrived at the school. I parked my car in the car park before getting out and locking the door. I walked through the corridor to my locker. I unlocked the lock and grabbed my books. When I turned around Liam and Niall were walking toward me. It's now or never. I waved them over and they did so.

"We were already coming over, you know that right?" Niall asked chuckling a bit.

I just shrugged before saying, "Liam can you do something for me?"

"Uh... sure."

"Can you... stop bulling Harry?" I asked.

They both raised an eyebrow and eyed me curiously, "Why..?" He asked.

"Because... it's unfair to bully him because of his... preferences."

"Why do you want to stop bully him all of a sudden?" Niall asked me.

"Because I think it's unfair."

"Why...?" Liam asked.

"Just did a lot of thinking."

"Whoa! Who would've thought?" Niall joked trying to ease the tension and I just chuckled weakly.

"Just please, okay?" I asked Liam. He sighed but nodded. I smiled at him and we all walked to class.

------

I walked out of school faster than usual so I could offer Harry a ride. I realized it was kind of rude to have Harry walk to my house from school while I drove, plus it's pretty cold outside. I stood by the exit waiting for Harry to walk out. When he did he had his head down and was walking fast. He almost walked right past me but I grabbed his arm just in time. He came to a stop and slowly turned around. His eyes widened in fear and I felt that guilt again.

"Want a ride?" I asked softly. He gave a confused look and I sighed, "I'm not going to hurt you, just trying to be friendly." I shrugged. He furrowed his eyebrows but slowly nodded. We walked to my car in silence. I got in the driver’s side, him in the passengers. We drove off in an awkward silence, him fidgeting and looking at his hands. I decided to break it by asking him a question, "So... tell me about yourself."

He looked up at me with furrowed eyebrows, "W-why a-are you being so nice?" He asked quietly.

I shrugged, "Trying to be friendly."

"B-but I thought you h-hated g-gay people."

"That's right... Hated. I realized that was wrong of me and I apologize. I want to get to know you so we can be friends." I looked at Harry for a quick second and saw how his face and eyes brightened when I said friends.

He smiled at me and said, "Well, o-okay then." He stuttered... again.

"Great! Now tell me about yourself."

"Uh... there's n-not much to t-tell." He said.

"There has to be something." I encouraged.

"Uh... I c-can b-bake."

"Bake, eh? Interesting... I might have you bake me some cupcakes one day." I joked (not completely because I will have him bake me cupcakes) to ease the tension.

He laughed and said, "We'll see."

"You know that was the first time I haven't heard you stutter." I commented and he blushed looking out the window. A few streets later we arrived, "We're here." I announced and we both got out the car. When we walked in we took off our shoes and were about to head to my room when Lottie walked in.

"Who's this?" She asked gesturing towards Harry who had his head down.

"Lottie this is Harry. Harry this is Lottie." I introduced them. Lottie smiled at Harry and waved and he waved back.

"How come I've never seen him before?" Lottie asked.

"He only started coming over on Monday and you and the girls were out for some reason."

"I was at a friend's house, Fizz has a project to work on and Mark has been taking the twins to the park." Lottie explained. I nodded and Harry finally looked up. He looked at Lottie and she blushed and looked down. Harry looked at me confused and I chuckled.

How cute Lottie has a crush on Harry. I can't wait for her to find out he's gay. I grabbed Harry's arm and pulled him to my room. When we got there I collapsed on my bed while Harry took a seat on the desk chair. He started taking out books but I stopped him.

"No... Can we talk for a few minutes before we start?" Harry looked at me with furrowed eyebrows before putting the book away and nodding. "Okay so first things first, I just want to be your friend, not the guy you're scared of. I realized bulling you because you're gay is wrong and I'm sorry. Also Liam has also agreed to stop bulling you so.. yeah. I hope we can be friends..." I trailed off not wanting to get all mushy. I sound so weak right now don't I!? I hope he says yes or I would've made a bigger fool out of myself than before. Harry nodded smiling. I let out the breath I didn't know I was even holding. "Good, by the way, you're going to need to talk if we're going to be friends." I chuckled.

Harry nodded. "Tell me a-about you." Harry asked stuttering again.

I thought for a second before answering, "Uh... I... umm... am bad at biology." I shrugged.

"Tell me something I don't know." Harry smiled a small smile.

"Hmm... I can't cook." Harry laughed before covering his mouth blushing.

"Sorry." He apologized.

"For what?" I asked confused.

"For laughing." he said quietly blushing again.

"S'okay it is pretty funny though... one time I burned water..." I trailed off and Harry laughed again and this time I joined him. We laughed for a while before Harry said we had to start working. I groaned but complied. We worked for two hours before finishing. Harry packed up his books and stood up.

"Want a ride?" I asked him.

"No." He answered.

"I don't mind." I reassured him.

"Seriously I don't need a ride, I can walk. I like walking, helps me think."

"Okay." I replied. He smiled and walked out the room. I fell onto my bed again and sighed.

Well, that was fun.