Chapter 6

Harry's POV

School was actually good today. I got my occasional name call and shove but today Louis smiled at me in the hall and it made butterflies flutter in my stomach just by thinking about it. It was so genuine and warm, it really made my day. Louis and I also had a conversation outside of class. It was short but it was still a conversation. We got a few weird looks but neither of us minded. It actually feels like we're friends, but Zayn is still suspicious. I don't blame him though; I am too, just a bit less suspicious.

Right now I'm trying to find a job. I went to a few places but they all said I was either 'to young and unqualified' or 'I don't fit the job description'. I was walking to my next destination when I walked past a bakery. I realized I was hungry after my long day’s work. I should really fill up if I want to have the energy to continue. I can't give up, my mum needs a break. Gem and I decided to bring her to London for a mini shopping spree. I walked into the small shop and the bell went off. It was a nice and cozy shop; I wonder why I've never been here before.

I looked through the options and decided on a small chocolate cupcake with white frosting and rainbow sprinkles. I waited by the cash register for a while before a lady with a name tag that said Barbra came out.

"Hello, how may I help you?"

"Can I have that chocolate cupcake?" I asked gesturing towards the cupcake and she nodded.

"Will that be it?" She asked and I nodded but my stomach growled. "Are you sure?" I nodded again. "You sound pretty hungry, you should get something else."

"I don't have enough." I answered her so she would stop bugging me. I would get more but I used all my money to buy lunch.

"On the house."

"No, no, I can't." I said frantically shaking my head.

"You can pay me back another day."

"I don't have a job."

"Oh! We have an opening!"

My eyes widened and I starred at her, "R-really!?"

"Yes, would you like the job?" Barbra asked and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Aren't you going to interview me or something?" I asked.

She shrugged, "Sure, can you bake?"

"Yeah..."

"Great! You're hired! Can you start tomorrow?" She asked.

"No, I'm busy sorry." I said guiltily because she just offered me the job I was waiting for but I can't even start the day she wants.

"Oh okay... how about you start now and Sunday?" She asked and I nodded. "Great! I'll give you your regular schedule then and you work for £6 an hour. Okay?" She asked and I nodded. I finally found a job.

------

"I'm home!" I announced.

"Hey, Harry how was job hunting?" Gemma asked.

"Successful! I work at a bakery now."

"Really? That job was made for you."

"Thanks, what about you?" I asked.

"Great! I'm a cashier at one of the stores in the mall."

"Figures." I mumbled and she slapped my arm and left the room.

I walked up the stairs into my bedroom and plopped down on the bed. I sighed and started thinking of Louis.

His chestnut colored hair with a red streak that was perfectly swept to the left. His perfect blue eyes that I could look in for days. His cheekbones and his lips. Oh his lips! So thin and pink and how rough they look but are probably really soft. How irresistible they look when he licks him. God I just want to drop everything and kiss him sometimes! But I can't Louis just started being friendly to me and I can't ruin that by kissing him! He may accept gays now but that doesn't mean he is gay. He can go back to being homophobic if I did that! I can't risk that! So I'll keep my lips to myself.