Chapter 17

Louis POV (finally!?!?!)

We all walked into Nandos for lunch, because Niall wanted to come here, and took a seat at the booth, me across from Harry. Harry next to Niall. I've noticed they've become really close lately. I also can't help but notice the jealousy that courses through me every time they're together. I may not be able to be his boyfriend but I am able to be his best mate, and I'm failing. Niall's probably going to win Harry. He's never beat Harry. or called him names or hurt Harry. I have. He's going to win Harry. His friendship and his heart and I'll just sob on the side-lines. I'll watch them get married and adopt kids while I force a smile on my face.

I'm in to deep with Harry, I know I'll end up drowning in the pit of darkness I'm already in. Most people would think I would hurt Harry, but that's not the case. If I truly care about someone, I'd never let someone touch them because they'd mean the world to me. And the world can easily break you.

A million people can tell me I'm ugly, but if he tells me I'm ugly I'd never look at myself the same again. He can make me or break me. Under my tough exterior is a bottle of fragile emotions, that once opened creates a mess. Love has already come out and the others will soon follow. Let's just hope they don't leave a big mess.

"Hello!" Four voices yelled and I snapped out of my thoughts and saw my four best mates looking at me worriedly along with a waitress.

"Huh?" I asked confused and in a bit of daze.

"The lady asked for your order." Liam explained and I nodded ordering what I usually do.

"You okay mate?" Zayn asked me worriedly.

"I'm fine."

"You sure? Most people don't frown while they think so deeply about something then say they're alright." Niall said.

"I said I'm fine Niall, not alright! There's a three letter difference!" I snapped at him and instantly regretted it by the look of sadness that took over his face, "Niall, I'm sorry." I apologized.

"It's okay." Niall said but he still looked sad so Harry put his arm around him and gave him a side hug. The jealousy I was feeling just left and now it's back again. I had to stop myself from glaring at Niall so I started a conversation with Liam and Zayn to keep my eyes off the happy couple across from me.

Harry's POV

Niall suggested we start being a bit closer than usual around Louis, to see how he reacts. It's working so far, but I just think it's because he doesn't want Niall to use me or something. Niall says I just can't accept the fact that Louis could possibly like me. Well, it's because he can't. He can have any girl with a snap of his fingers, but he choses me? Yeah right! Even if he was gay, he wouldn't chose me. I'm to ugly and boring to be liked.

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I fished it out and saw it was a message from my mum:

I'm coming home later today. Can you make dinner?- Mum

Taking someone's shift again?- Harry

Yes, she was sick and I had nowhere important to be- Mum

Yea, besides home with your family...- Harry

I'm sorry sweetheart but she's taking my morning shift so I'll be there when
you leave for school tomorrow and I'll make you a special breakfast- Mum

Fine- Harry

I sighed and put my phone back in my pocket, "I'm leaving." I announced.

"I'll go with you." Louis offered with a smile which I returned. We walked to his car and when we got in I turned up the music. Louis chuckled and drove me to my house. I looked out the window then turned to Louis, he looked so cute when he was concentrating on something. I stared at his perfect cheekbones to his thin feminine like lips, that felt so soft on mine. It's a hazy memory but I remember how they felt. So soft and gentle. I wish he could remember the kiss, but he can't it'll just make things awkward. "You okay, Haz?" Louis asked.

"M'fine." I mumbled. Louis nodded but I could tell he was still sceptical.

"We're here!" Louis announced and I smiled.

"Thanks Boo!" I said and got out the car and walked up to my house. I unlocked the door and walked straight to the kitchen. I looked through the cabinets and found the ingredients for meatloaf. I was almost done when my sister returned home from work.

"Hey Harry." She greeted tiredly.

"Long shift?" I asked and she nodded, "Well, I'm making meatloaf for dinner."

"Really!?" She asked her face brightening and I nodded, "I love your meatloaf!" She gushed.

"Thanks, Gem." I smiled at her. She smiled back before walking out the room. I continued cooking until my mum came home. When she did the meatloaf was already out of the oven and I was making Gemma and myself a plate. Once she walked into the kitchen I made her a plate too.

"Smells delicious sweetheart." Mum said.

"Thanks." I said simply.

"Is that for me?" She asked and I nodded, "Thank you sweetheart." She said pecking my cheek and I smiled at her. Gemma came down soon after and joined us while we all ate dinner.