Chapter 13

Louis' POV

I walked into the crowded lunch room and spotted my four best friends already there. I have to thank Harry for getting me and Zayn back together. I really missed my best friend and I could tell Liam did too. It's all better now.

I walked up to the table and dropped my lunch tray in the table and sat beside Harry. "Hey guys." I greeted them all and I got some, 'hey' and 'how are you mate?' back.

"Guess what." Zayn said.

"What?" We all said in unison.

"That's not really guessing," I heard Zayn mumble but he told us nonetheless, "I got a girlfriend."

"What!?" Harry screeched and we all looked at him and he blushed, "Sorry. I just want to know why you didn't tell me you went a date with someone." Harry mumbled.

"I didn't want you to get worked up." Zayn explained and Harry nodded.

"What's her name?" Liam asked.

"Perrie." Zayn mumbled blushing.

"What!?" Harry screeched again and everyone looked at him again but this time his cute blush didn't appear, "I knew it! You did like her!" Harry exclaimed, smiling and Zayn blushed.Harry stands up and looks around the room and points at a table and starts jumping, "There she is! Is that her?" Harry asked looking down at Zayn and we all laughed. Harry's too god damn adorable. I had to sit on my hands to resist the urge to grab him by his waist and sit him in my lap while I nuzzle my face in his neck.

"Yes, now. Sit. Down." Zayn demanded tugging on Harry's sleeve. Harry obliged and sat down, but this time Niall stood up.

"Hey!" Niall waved his hand, "Perrie! Come 'ere!" Niall gestured her to come over. She looked confused but walked over to Niall, everyone's eyes on her because Niall made a scene.

"Yes?" She asked once she was close enough.

"Just wanted to say hi. Hi!." Niall exclaimed, "Are you Zayn's girlfriend?"

"Yeah." She nodded.

"Awe! Okay, you can go now." Niall shooed her away but she walked over pecked Zayn's cheek then left, "Awe!" Niall cooed again.

"Shut up." Zayn grumbled and threw a chip at him but Niall caught it in his mouth and smirked.

~*~

 "Okay, what is used to cut genes in both recombinant DNA research and DNA fingerprinting?" Harry asked me.

"RFLP's?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Restriction enzymes." Harry corrected, "Embryonic stem cells are of particular importance because?"

"They can become any type of cell?" I asked, I'm pretty sure I'm right but I can't be sure.

"Correct!" Harry smiled, "Okay... one more.... a genetic disease such as cystic fibrosis can be potentially cured by?"

"Gene therapy?"

"Yes!' Harry exclaimed then got up from his chair and gave me a hug but immediately retreated, "S-sorry. I-I uh, I don't... um... sorry." Harry stuttered blushing.

"It's okay. I'm pretty proud of myself too." I gave him a reassuring smile which he softly returned.

"I best be going. I'm taking my co-worker's shift today and it starts soon." Harry said standing up and started gathering his things. "Good Luck." Harry said once he had all his things together.

"Thanks. Bye, and get me a cake would ya?"

"We'll see." Harry chuckled leaving my room. I smiled and laid down on my bed and sighed. I closed my eyes and let sleep take over me.

~*~

Harry's POV   

I couldn't focus at work today. All I could think if was. Why did I hug him!? I know he said it was no big deal, but I can't help but worry. He's knows I'm gay, will he know I like him? It'll make everything awkward because, one, he's not gay. Two, even if he was, why would he like me? He wouldn't. I'm ugly and boring and he will never feel the same.

I was brought out of my self piting thoughts by the bell above the door going off. I looked up and saw Niall, who was just as surprised to see me as I was to see him. "Hey Haz. What are you doing here? I've never seen you here before." Niall's Irish accent asked.

"I'm filling in for a co-worker." I said and Niall nodded.

"Well, what time does your shift end?"

"Umm... in like, fifteen minutes."

"Cool, do you want to hang out with the guys after your shift at work?" Niall asked me.

I shrugged, "Sure."

"I'll hang out here and text the guys and we'll go to Liam's, his house is the closest from here." Niall explained taking his phone out, "I'll have the usual." Niall started to walk away.

"Niall!" I called back for him.

"What?" He asked and I just stared at him hoping he'd catch on, which he did, "Oh! Sorry. I'll have three cupcakes, I don't care about the flavour, umm... four cookies, two brownies and a cake." Niall finished and I looked at him my mouth agape, "Calm your tits, one of the cookies is for you." Niall tried to sooth me, but I continued staring, "I'm just kidding. Two of the cookies and the cake is for my mum, she's a has a cold and I know how much she loves cookies, and cake with some ice-cream and hot chocolate!"

"Better. How sweet of you Nialler!" I cooed and he blushed slightly and waved me off sitting in a booth located in the back. I chuckled and grabbed everything Niall ordered, putting the cake and two cookies in a bag. I walked over to him and put the sweets on the table and Niall smiled at me before gobbling it down.

No one came in after that, so I just talked to Niall. We're like best friends now. Before I knew it, my shift was over and Niall and I were walking to Liam's house. Niall got to the door and walked in. I wonder what happened to knocking. I shrugged and walked in. When we got there everyone else was here, plus a lot of drinks.

I guess they really wanted a fun night.

A/N

Website used for bio questions was: http://biologycorner.com/quiz/biotech_4A.html