Chapter 3

Next day

I looked at myself in the mirror, hair in pony or left out? I chose to left my hair out I looked fine in a black pencil skirt and a white blouse and black heels. The first day of work. I took a deep breath and let it out "I'll do fine today "I encrougared myself "It'll be fine " I turned my back to the mirror and walked out of my bedroom into my kitchen.

I picked up my bagel and my bag, i walked towards the front door i turned over my shoulder and looked at the place "First day!" then i opened the door and i left the house.

I parked two blocks away from the building it was a wrong move to make because the fact im in heels. In front of the building i took a depe breath then let it out, i plastered a smile on my face as i looked at the building then i walked into the building. People were everywhere in out of the place.

A pale man walked in front of me "River?" He asked with a smile "Working for Mr Kayto ?"

I nodded "Yes im "I replied with a smile "First day "

He nodded and handed me a pass "You'll need this to go into the building amd out of the building "He explained "Make sure you dont lose this because if you do then no acess to the building "

I nodded and looked at the pass, my photo from my CV was on there i looked at it and smiled then put it in my bag, we walked to the elevator then it stopped at the last floor. I walked out of the elevator but the man didnt and it closed i turned around to see a lady she look like she was in her late 20s she had big blue eyes and her black hair nealty curled to the side "You must be River?"

"Yes "

"Well I'm Elena "She smiled "One of the people who work here "

I nodded then she started walking i quickly followed her "So rick has gave your pass "She said "You'll need it for everything "then she stopped at these black doors she turned to me "This is your stop "She smiled "Im always here for help and please be careful "

I nodded didnt bother to question why she said that then i pulled the door open and walked in only to see another man stood there he looked at me "Miss Allen?"

I nodded "Yes?"

"Follow me "He said with a polite smile then i followed him into this massive office a view of the whole of New York it was quite dark in her a figure sat on the chair at the top. "Please do sit down "The figure said i sat down on the chair in front of the desk.

The chair turned around to see a man sat in there about mid 60s he smiled at me "I'm Tyler Kayton "He spoke "I used to owner this company until i gave the reins to my son "

I just nodded "So you are going to be working for my son "He explained but then paused then carried on talking "He is a bit harsh i know he is and he'll be fine dont worry but if he says such phrases such as you are fired and etc dont listen "

"If you dont mind me asking what is his name?"

"His name is Maxilliaman "He replied "But we call him Max for short "

I nodded "So you'll work for him as you were the only applicant "His father contuied to speak "He'll come off a bit scary but he is fine "then he stopped when that man from before came to him and whispered something in his ear he got up from his seat "I'll be gone and good luck "He said "Your office is outside woth all the notes you'll need "Then he left.

I got up from the chair and looked at the view that he had, you could see all of central park from here and the empire state building. I turned around amd walked out of the office. I walked to my office it was right out front of his. I put my bag down under the desk and i sat down on my chair i looked at all the notes that were there and i logged onto the computer with the login that they set for me.