Chapter 16

Max's P.O.V

She walked out of that door, I sat on the couch my face buried in my hands. How could I say all those things to her like that?

I know I'm mean and cold. She deserves someone better. She deserves a proper job with a good boss. Not a shitty boss like me.

She knew so much about me and I didn't even know anything about her only where she lives and that she used to be with Matt Marley also she is friends with my only ex Alex.

I got up from the couch I have to look for her. I pulled out my phone from my pocket and rang her number as I walked out of my office. Hers in front of the office just as you walk in and out.

I heard a ringtone I walked over to her desk and saw her bag I picked it up and placed it on the desk her phone was there ringing I picked the phone up. The caller ID was Dipshit.

I put it back in her bag and put her bag back where it was. I walked out of the doors only to see Matt in front of me.

"Hey we got a problem "He said with sigh "It's important "

I looked at him I have to find River "Can it wait?"

He looked at me and hesitated for a second "I'll take that as a yes "I said "I have to do something important "

"Well I'll bring the files and give them to River?"He suggested "Then you could look at them straight after when you come "

"No "

"Why?"

"Because she isn't there "I sighed "she's gone out to do something "

He nodded "I'll come back after " then he left.

I quickly walked to the stairs area and walked down those stairs really quick.

I had to find her.

I ran the streets of New York and I even walked in all of the shops she wasn't there at all.

I ran down to Avenue street and walked into the shop there. It was a Chinese restaurant. She wasn't there. Where could she be?

I walked out of the shop I pulled out my phone ready to call Linton. I turned my head a little only to see her there.

I put my phone down and slipped it in my pocket as I looked at her. I ran towards her. Her top was rip her trousers was down to her knees.

She had a rag in her mouth I placed her body on my lap her eyes were closing "Riv "I spoke softly "I'm so sorry "

She couldn't even look at me my heart was aching so badly. "Don't close your eyes!"I scolded her "Just don't I need to call an ambulance "

Her eyes closed. "River!"I said frantically "River!"

Her eyes were still shut I pulled out my phone and rang the ambulance." They'll be here "I stroked her hair softly "Then we will sort us out "

I looked at her the bruises on her face. The bruises she had on her legs on her stomach. I can't believe I let her walk out and I should of went after her straight after then this wouldn't of happened.

"Wait till I find out the people that did this "I whispered "I'll torture them I'll make them bleed "

The ambulance came and she was took on the stretcher. The paramedic looked at me "Are you going with her?"

I nodded and got in that ambulance I looked at her she had a oxygen mask on face  as the paramedic was taking her bloods.

I held her hands and my thumb rubbed her wrist softly as I looked at her. Those big brown dazzling eyes of hers. That cute nose of hers. The way she bites her lip. Her comebacks.