Chapter 19

Matt's P.O.V

My phone pinged then pinged again, I opened my eyes and yawned as I stretched my arms and legs.

I was still in the office asleep on the desk really Matt? I got up from my chair and walked out of my office. I walked to the kitchen and made myself a coffee.

Everyone was on the floor, Lauren looked at me and smiled "Hey Matt "

"Hey Lauren "I said as I sipped on the coffee "You okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine "She smiled "You look nice with a shadow "

I looked at her and nodded "Thank you "

I saw Max walking past me "I'll see you "then I left the kitchen. I walked towards Max's office doors and swiped my pass then opened the door. He was in the office knew that from the window.

I looked at River's desk and she wasn't there. I walked to his office door and knocked on the door he didn't even say anything. I opened the door and walked in he looked at me "What do you want?"

"I booked the tickets "I replied "What is it with you?"

He turned around and didn't say anything

"Well cousin I'm going to spend the afternoon and half of the morning off "I said

He turned around and he looked at me "Why?"

"Because I need proper sleep and clean myself up "I rolled my eyes "And eat "

He nodded at me "You can go now "

I turned around and left the office I went to my own and picked up my phone.

I got out of the building and walked to my car I opened the door and got in my car and drove off home.

I parked up in the car park of the building and got out of the car. I walked to the building and put the passcode in. The door opened and I walked in then walked up to the apartment.

I opened the door with a key then walked in. Simon was stood there getting ready for work he looked at me and sighed "You okay?"

"Yeah "I put my keys in the bowl

"How was she at the hospital?"He asked as he put a book in his bag "Is she okay?"

I looked at him confused as fuck "Who is at the hospital?"

"River "He replied "She's been raped and left for dead "

I looked at him. River? No it can't be not her. That wouldn't happened to her I looked at Simon "What hospital?"

"Greenwood "

I nodded then I ran to the bathroom I shaved then went into my room and got changed into a black tshirt and black jeans I grabbed my leather jacket and left the apartment.

It can't be River.

Please say it isn't her.

Not her.

The tears strolled down my face not the girl who I was with four years. Not the girl that I want to marry and to have a family with. Not the one who gives my life a purpose.