Chapter 10

I left the office shortly after that he freaked me out kind of and he let me leave I didn't do no more comebacks nor did he say his snide comments or orders.

I walked towards my car and opened the door I sat down on my seat as I closed the car door.

My phone started to buzz I picked it up out of my bag

It was Daniel.

"Hello "I answered "Hey Dan Bam"

"Hey Rivs "He said nervously over the phone "How are you doing?"

"I'm doing alright thanks for asking "I said over the phone "How about you and Alex?"

"We are fine "He said over the phone "So what are you doing now?"

"Just got out of work I got called in "I said as I raised my eyebrow what is going on "What about you?"

I heard whispering in the background and heard Daniel saying something to them "Not much "He replied "I'm bored wanna head out frozen yogurt?"

"What is going on?"I asked hoping I would get an answer "Are you cheating on Alex? Because I swear if yo-"

He cut me off "I'm not! "

"Then what is it?"

"Why don't you head down to Si's?" He asked "If you got nothing to do now? We are all going "

"I swear if you are setting me up with your stupid blind dates again I will hurt you "

"Trevor wasn't bad okay!" He said over the phone in a duh tone "he treated you alright "

"As if!" I argued "He dumpster dived on the date!"

"He was what you wanted though!"

"Heck no! He didn't have a nice personality "

"But he had blue eyes and nice hair "

"What is it Daniel?"

"Just get here at Simon's " then he cut the phone off

What could it be now? I put the phone down on the passenger seat next to me and put my keys in ignition

I drove to Simon's place, I parked my car in the car park and got out of the car I walked towards the building I pressed the buzzer and the door buzzed no one spoke through the intercom

Something has happened.

I know my friends and I can never get them to shut up even over an intercom they would be talking.

I walked up the stairs and was in front of Simon's door  don't tell me they have touch weed again but then why did Dan call me then

I knocked on the door and I heard the arguments in whispers behind the door then the door opened

Red-headed curly hair Simon was in front of me his hand ran through his hair he chuckled nervously "Hey river "

Something has definitely happened.

"Hey Si Si "I said with a wave "Dan told me to come "

"I didn't think you actually would come "He muttered

"Are you going to let me in or what?"

He nodded then looked over his shoulder he looked at me then let me in the apartment.

Alex and Cara were stood next to each other they gave me small waves and they were still as a wax statue in Madame Toson

"Hey?"I said confused "What's up?"

I heard whisper yelling coming from the kitchen, then it entered in the living room it was Nate and Daniel the. They stopped when they saw me

WHY ARE THEY BEING SO WEIRD TODAY?!!!

I looked at Nate and Daniel I heard Simon running behind me "What the fuck is going on?" I looked at them sternly "I would love to know "

"Nothing is "Nate said with a shrug "Wanna go out for a walk?"

I shook my head for no "I want the truth "

"Nothing is "Daniel repeated what Nate said

Then I heard that voice "Rivs " my heart dropped my heart was shattered into a million pieces I was scared to turn around

My eyes brimmed with tears I slowly brought myself to turn around and I did.

He stood in front of me his hand going through his slick hair he was in a pair of black jeans and a grey faded Tshirt in a pair of white vans his hair in a quiff his eyes on me. His lips. His abs showing through the Tshirt. His neck. The way my fingers used to go from his neck to his collarbone.

"River "He said his voice was music to my ears but yet to my heart it was sharp razor sounds "I'm here "

I looked up at him a lump formed on my throat I just looked at him

"River?"He repeated my name again "Rivs?"

"River are you alright?"Nate asked "Do you want to get some fresh air?"

I turned over my shoulder and looked at Nate I nodded at him he could see the tears which were going to come down like the Niagara Falls.

He nodded at me he came closer and wrapped his arm around my shoulder and we left the apartment we went up to the rooftop.

I sat on the couch and Nate sat by me I stayed quiet

"I told them it wasn't a good idea "Nate sighed as his hand rubbed my wrist "I know how you were and what you went through they just didn't "

I stayed quiet

Nate continued "I'm so sorry I should of at least warned you. I'm the worst friend ever. I argued with Alex and Matt so much I told him it is a bad idea "

"It's okay "I whispered "You tried "

"I didn't try hard enough "Nate sighed as I leaned my head On his shoulder "You shouldn't see him unless you want to "

I nodded a few tears slipped down and fell onto Nate's demin jacket "Don't cry for him don't you weep for him "

I wiped my tears and moved my head away I sniffed "I'm going to go home "

"You can stay in my room if you don't want to go?"Nate offered "or I'll drive you home?"

I got up from the couch "I wanna go home and be alone just listen to mayday parade and try to forget he is back "

Nate got up from the couch and we hugged then I left.

I got home and changed in my pjs I put my head phones in and put on mayday parade I went to my bed and curled up in ball with tears streaming down my face.

Just one day left until work.

Just one day more then all this would be forgotten.