Midnight.

I wake up to the feeling of my body being on fire

I wake up to the feeling of my body being on fire. It's a feeling I had gotten so lost with when I was with Ryan, but now- it's different. My heat is back.

Although my wolf and I are against the idea of having a baby, our body is completely ready and craving one. I take in a deep breath and run my hands through my hair. I disgust myself. Curling into the sheets, I toss and turn trying to fall asleep but nothing works.

Slowly, the heat starts to become unbearable. Painfully unbearable. I clench my hands together and hug my pillow to my chest. I wish Ryan was here. He would know what to do.

Shutting my eyes, tears run down my face as I try my best to go to sleep and ignore the pain. The only way for me to make it stop is- no.

I swallow hard, thinking about the idea. Sleeping with Alex will not only help wit the heat, but it will make it one step closer to getting out of here. He has agreed that if and only if I have his baby, he will let me go. I wipe the remaining tears from my eyes and force myself on to my feet.

My feet feel like bricks as I make my way towards my bedroom door. I don't want to do this. Each step I take makes my stomach churn even more with disgust. I mentally apologize to my mate, hoping that once I see him again; that he will forgive me.

I get to Alex's door and lightly tap. Quietly, I slip into the room and shut it behind me. There's a soft sound coming from his bed, and I hear his low growl.

"What are you doing, Taylor?" His voice is low and filled with sleep. Alex Frank doesn't bother sitting up, he just lays with his hands behind his head; looking me over tiredly.

A wave of pain washes over me and I have trouble standing. I shut my eyes and nearly begin to cry right here. Quietly I walk beside where he lays and run my fingers over his biceps.

"Make it stop." I beg, watching his nostrils flare when he catches my scent. The color of his eyes darken a few shades, and Alex Frank doesn't fight the animalistic urge that comes from my scent.

His hands grip my wrists and tug me against his body. I let out a sigh of physical relief when the warmth of his body touches mine. It seems to cool my heat a little.

My eyes shut when his mouth finds my neck. I can't help but crane my neck to the side to give him the access that he wants to my skin. Mindlessly, taken away by the feeling of his mouth on me, I wrap my fingers in his messy hair.

Alex Frank's arousal rubs against my thigh, and our scents mix in the air. Right now is the only time that I can say that I actually want to sleep with Alex. Everything is pushed to the back of my mind. Well, everything except for him.

Alex runs his nose over my earlobe and he inhales the mixing scents around him. "I'm going to taste you now, kitten." His voice is deep, dark, and desirable. I don't argue with him, because I can't quite understand what he means because his words don't click.