Imprint

Alex had woken up something inside me that I hadn't felt in an entire year

Alex had woken up something inside me that I hadn't felt in an entire year. My wolf. She isn't happy. Hell, she's furious. Alex had not only taken advantage of my body, but he took advantage of my feelings. It was strictly that I be his carrier. There weren't supposed to be feelings attached.

It's all his fault. He opened up to me and shared his feelings with me. I couldn't help but start to feel the same way. If he would have kept it a secret I would have just ignored it. I could have pushed my own feelings into the back of my head and it wouldn't have gotten this far.

I want to mind link my mate! My wolf shouts inside of my head. She wants to take over my body. I cannot let her do that. I cannot risk losing this baby this far into my pregnancy.

Not yet, just a few more months, please. I beg. I cannot risk Ryan's life. I feel as if Alex would be threatened and that he might just try and hurt Ryan. I don't want to see the two of them fight. I made an agreement with Alex that I'd have this baby and then I could go home. I don't want my wolf ruining that agreement when I'm so close to being done with it.

Fine. She growls. I let out a sigh. At least I don't have to argue with her right now. I desperately want to speak to Ryan. I want to explain everything to him. It's best that I keep it inside for right now. I cannot just tell him that I'm pregnant over a mind link. This is something that needs to be told in person.

There's a knock on the door. I blankly blink, and watch it creak open. Alex steps inside holding a plate of chicken and vegtables. He sits it on the dresser and leans against the door. I peel my eyes away from him and look down at my hands.

"So, you're still mad at me." He stated. Of course I am. He forced me into something that I didn't even want to admit to myself. It would have been so much easier to leave him in the dark about how I feel about him. I liked when he knew I only tolerated him. I don't make eye contact with him.

The door clicks shut. The edge of the bed sinks, and in the corner of my eye I see him sitting there. I want him to just leave me alone. I want to run and hide from these feelings. Every passing second with him is making me re-think wanting to leave.

I let out a low growl. "So were back to square one again, yeah?" He reaches over me. I'm about to snap at him if he tries to even touch me. Instead, he flips the lamp off on the bedside table. I know eventually I'll get over it. I mean, I have to. I cannot just ignore him until I have this baby. I'll have to still go to appointments and continue to talk to Chelsea.

Square one? I furrow my eyebrows. I feel as if he's talking about when I first got here and refused to speak to anyone. All I would do is sit around and mope in my own sadness. "You can't expect me to not be mad." I say lowly.

"I understand that. You cannot just avoid me, if that's what you're trying to do." He says in a whisper. I let out a sigh. That's exactly what I'm trying to do.

"I don't want to love you." I croak. Alex let's out a slow breath and leaves me in silence. It's killing me. I want to take back what I said immediatly. He rests a hand against my belly and inhales.

"You don't get to choose who you love, Taylor. It just happens." He utters. His finger tips run against my swollen stomach and it causes goosebumps to grow on my skin.

"But what kind of sick person can fall in love with someone in a scenario like this?" Me. I feel sick to my stomach. I've cheated on Ryan, and now I've grown feelings for the man too. How could I just do that to my family? Why do I feel so guilty? It's not my fault I'm here. If I didn't help that girl that day, I wouldn't be here. None of this would have happened to me.

"You're not sick. You just have an open heart, and for that I'm greatful. Although I've done you wrong, you still find the goodness in me that no one else really has. You're a good luna to your pack, right?" I let out a sigh.

"I guess so." I sigh.

"I don't know what it is about you, Taylor. I think that's what I like about you. You can find the good in people that don't deserve it. I know I don't deserve it after what I've done to you. You don't deserve to be conflicted like you are between me and him." He let's out a soft sigh, and pushes my hair out of my face. "I'm not going to make you choose anymore, mama. You're going to go home to him and you're going to be happy again. Even if I'm not the one that can make you happy."

I swallow. He's not putting up a fight to try and make me stay anymore. My lips part, and a sigh escapes. Is he lying? I look at him. There's a sincerity in his eyes that I hadn't ever seen in them before. He looks pained that he's just going to give me up. I don't know because I'm not him.

He leans down a presses a kiss to my forehead. "Go to sleep, mama." He utters. "I'll be in the next room, you're welcome to go in there for anything at any hour. Okay?" He promises that I won't bother him. My eyes close briefly and I nod my head.

"Thank you." I utter. Alex gives me a soft smile, "no, thank you, mama. For everything." He sighs. He leaves a feathered kiss on my stomach before leaving the room.

I get it now. My wolf breaks into my thoughts. He imprinted on you. She finishes. I let out a breath. He imprinted on me? I feel my heart burn. All he wants to do is make sure that we're protected.