Nephew: Taylor's point of view

"My nephew is coming over for the night." Alex says, tapping on his phone as he walks into the living room where I'm sitting. I glance over at him and furrow my eyebrows.

"You have siblings?" I don't know that much about Alex, other than he's English and he really keeps to himself unless it's business. He looks up at me from his phone and nods his head.

"I have a younger brother, yes. He's only eighteen. He has a son." I nod my head. Clearly, he isn't that interested in talking about his brother. I wonder if he feels threatened by his younger brother by him already having a kid. Who knows.

"Blake is only four and a half, please be warned that he's very rowdy sometimes." I let a smile grow on my face. I don't think he wanted me to, but I do anyways. He let's out a exaggerated breath and looks back down at his phone.

"I'm sure that you two will get along great. Just don't ask him about his mum, please." Alex adds. I furrow my eyebrows and start to ask him what happened to her but someone knocks on the door.

Alex answers the door and greets a man that looks a lot like him and a little boy almost identical to his father. The black hair blue eyes trait is strong in his gene pools. Alex and his brother exchange very few words and then his brother leaves. Why he left so abruptly, I don't know.

"This is Blake," Alex utters. I have a stronger idea that Alex doesn't like his brother, after his conversation I had just witnessed him in. Alex Frank's  eyes are a shade darker. The little boy grins and when he does I notice that he looks a lot like Alex when he smiles. I grin, and hold my hand out to shake his hand.

Blake doesn't even look at my hand, instead he puts a hand flat against my stomach and looks up into my eyes. "Is there a baby in there? It looks a little small! Uncle Alex told me there was on the phone, but how did it get in there?" I crack a smile at his curiosity. His voice is thick with the English accent and it's the cutest thing ever.

"Yep. I accidentally swallowed a watermelon seed." I let out a little giggle. Alex rolls his eyes and rubs my stomach gently. He kisses my forehead. "I'm going to go get some paper work done, yeah?" He says. I let out a breath and nod my head. I love kids. It doesn't bother me one bit that he's leaving me to take care of Blake. I rub the wetness from my forehead as he rounds the corner.

"Are you hungry?" I ask. Blake shakes his head no and continues to just look at me. His eyebrows are furrowed.

"You're really pretty." He smiles. My heart skips a beat at the four year old's compliment. A wide smile grows on my face as I look down at him.

"Thank you! You are very handsome! How many girlfriends do you have?" I smile and ruffle up his hair. Blake grins.

"This many," he holds up seven of his fingers and gives me a toothy smile.

"That's a lot of girlfriends!" I laugh. Blake giggles.

"I also have a lot of boy friends too!" He pipes up. "We all play at the park together and have lots of fun!" He jumps up and down in his place.

"I bet you do." I say with a sigh. It falls quiet for awhile, before suddenly Blake pulls me out of a trance.

"Are you sad?" He asks. I'm taken back by what he had just asked me. I blink. Maybe I just heard him wrong.

"I'm not sad." I tell him. The truth is, I'm as sad as sad can get. Probably a little more than that if that's even possible. I couldn't say that to a child as young as him though. That goes for any child. I refuse to let them see me at my lowest. I choose to be stronger for kids, so that they grow up to be stronger than I am.