Ultrasound

"It's so cold." I complain, moving around lightly when the doctor spreads the gel over my stomach. Alex rolls his eyes, and stands next to the bed patiently waiting to see the monitor.

I'm four months along. It sucks. I can't really do anything. The doctor grins and points to the baby's head, and catches it's heart beat.

"Do you want to know the gender?" She grins at the two of us. I look at Alex. I don't think he likes surprises. He grins goofily, and holds my hand with one of his much larger ones.

"If you could." I smile at the lady doctor. She grins and focuses back on the monitor, looking to see if she can see the gender. Sometimes they're not able to because of the position of the baby. Ryan and I waited until North was born to find out. It was a decision in between good and bad. We had to go out and buy girly things to add to her uni-gender room once she was born. It was a hassle, but it was nice.

The doctor points to the screen and grins. "Do you see this right here?" She points to a blurry part of it's body. I furrow my eyebrows and nod.

"it's a boy!" She exclaims. I smile widley. I glance at Alex who is smiling twice as big as me, and a proud look is on his face. It's a boy.

Do I really need to know that? The more I know about this baby the more I fall for it. "Wow..." I say softly. I've come to terms that I'm having a baby, but it still hits me hard occasionally.

"I'll get some pictures printed and I'll be right back." She says, wiping the gel from my stomach and tugging my shirt back down. The doctor leaves the room and shuts the door behind her.

"Happy?" I ask with a grin. Alex is smiling ear to ear. He rolls his eyes and nods his head yes.

"Very." He leans down and kisses me quickly. I inhale and relax on the bed. I always get so worked up coming here with him. Everyone always asks if we're a couple. I'm just working for him.

"Do you think that we can stop and get something to eat?" I ask. I'm starving, and I haven't eaten at all today. Alex promised to feed me after this appointment since we were already running late.

"Yes, mama. We'll go eat." He grins, leaning down and capturing my lips with his. I've grown used to the kisses. Hell, I've even began kissing him. Don't get me wrong, I miss Ryan and want him and only him. I've just grown accustomed to Alex and the way our relationship works.

I think about Ryan. Is he thinking about me? Has he moved on? I hope he hasn't, because I for damn sure havent. I've already planned the day that I get home. I've thought about it over and over in my head. I'm hoping, just like in my dreams, that they'll be as excited and relieved to see me as I will to see them. Time can only tell, though.

"What are you going to name him?" I wonder, popping a fry into my mouth. Alex takes a sip of his drink and shrugs his shoulders.

"Easy, I'm naming him Alexi." I nod my head and pronounce the name in my head. A-LEXI. I swallow my food.

"That's really close to your name." I smirk and state the obvious, "is that why you chose it?" I ask. Alex shakes his head.

"No," he cracks a smile, "I just really like the name- it was my great-grandfather's middle name. David Alexi Frank." He explains. I'm glad he opens up to me. When I first got here he was so negative and didn't answer anything I asksd. It's not like I asked very many question anyways.

"Alexi. I like it." I smile. "It'll fit an alpha, and the accent." I add. The British accent his family members have is very attractive. I've always wanted an accent.