chapter nine

Callidoras POV
I stare at my wristwatch and its 3:00. I was getting tired of waiting for Eva as I scrolled down my Instagram page. I hear knocking on the door and I jump up and rush to open the door. "Hey" I greeted Eva who stared happily at me. She had her big black makeup purse and her school bag with her. "Hey" she answered pushing her way inside the house. "What took you so long" I question walking into the kitchen with her trailing behind me. "I swear my two brothers are a pain in the ass. I wonder why mom and dad left me with them to enjoy a life of bliss in Paris" she said dropping her stuffs on the counter. "Too bad" I laugh opening the fridge and bringing out a carton of orange juice and serving Eva and I before returning it."Want something to eat?" I ask again as she nods her head. I was actually getting hungry after eating my breakfast which Clemente made for me. I bring out two yoghurts and nuts from my drawer. We make our way to the room and plopping down. "I like your nail Polish" I admit staring at Eva's polished nails. She had painted it in baby pink and black giving her fair hands a glow. "Thanks....should I paint yours because your nails look too white" she says looking at my fair hands. I had never even thought of painting my nails. "Never mind, the party is only for a night so I don't think that would be necessary" I say matter of factly. The party was only for a night so what would be the need of overdressing. "But still, you are going out with Clemente for the first time so you need to look presentable" she comments finishing her yoghurt. "Hey, don't act like he is only taking me, we are going together" I defend finishing my yoghurt too. "Oh please, his main intention is to go out with you so I'm going to find a boy immediately I get there before I become the third wheel. I see the way he looks at you, especially when you ran from school yesterday, he was totally going crazy" she blabbers. But wait, the way he looks at me and when I ran from school? I definitely don't remember that part where he looked for me. Beside he said nothing of it when he texted me. so I asked. "When did he look for me" I ask getting curious. "You can't remember? You were acting crazy yesterday and ran from school so he went looking for you. Besides hope you don't mind, I gave him your number" she says. I wondered what was missing out. I remember bolting from him and going to the restaurant but after that, nothing else. I take my phone checking my phone. I had 20 missed calls from Clemente yesterday by 8:00. But I couldn't remember what was happening at that time. I shrugged, may be my brain missed out on that one. "Let's start getting ready, it's already 3:30" Eva says. "So what did you pick to wear?" She asks eyeing my cloth beside me. "This is it" I giggle holding up the clothes I had picked. "What is that?" She asked wrinkling her face in disgust. "You are definitely not wearing that" she says snatching it and walking to my pile of boxes. "Don't scatter them" I warned but still walked behind her. "Seriously Cally, you haven't still arranged" she says under her breath as she opens the box bringing out what she suggested I should wear. She picks a small white crop top and black ripped jeans along with a leather jacket. I had no idea I had those. "I'm not wearing that" I managed to say. "I don't think you have a choice" she says firmly dragging me to sit before her. "What are you wearing" I ask turning to take her black bag and unzipping it. I inspected it. It was a black high waist skirt and a black crop top. I zipped it back putting it beside me. "I'm going to do your make up" she announced inspecting her various shade of lipstick, blush and eyeliner. "I don't want anything serious" I caution her. I knew Eva, she was going to make me look like a fashion Queen and I didn't want that, I didn't want to look like I was trying too hard. She nods her head as she rubs my face with what I suspected to be face primer, concealer and whatever I don't know what they are called. She brushes my eyebrow before filling them in then moving to my eyes. She applied mascara on my eyelashes and a black eyeliner which I guessed probably made me look like a witch. She held my head and angled it towards her then tilting my head back before adding more eye liner. She brought out a red lipstick which she attempted to apply before I stopped her. "What?" She asked. "I don't want red lipstick, I don't want to look too noticeable" I said. "Don't worry, it will be fine" she assured before running the red lipstick across my lips. She topped it was adding little blush on my cheeks. She steps back and admires my face before speaking. "You look gorgeous, you just need to put your clothes on before seeing your make up" she says happily as she sits down to touch up her make up. I obey and stand up wearing my clothes reluctantly. What if Clemente thought it was not like me to be dressed like this. I finished and wondered what to do with the leather jacket. "For when it gets cold" she said as if noticing my confusion. I felt nervous at the sight of my bear hands but turd the jacket on my waist any ways. Eva finished her make up and slipped into her outfit. She looked beautiful with her crop top and high waist skirt and a black boot. "Shoes?" I ask her as she rummages for a shoe in my box. She hands me a black heel which I got for Christmas from Eva last year. It was high but comfortable.
By the time we both finished, it was 6:00. We talked for a while until Clemente's message pops into my phone. "He's on his way" I tell Eva as she pulls her earpiece out of her ear. "Doesn't he live next-door?" She asks. "He's probably coming from his friends" I reply.
We are silent for a while until we hear horns blaring outside the house. We admire ourselves again before going outside. The car was a small black car but it was presentable all the same. Clemente comes down to welcome us. He is dressed in a black casual shirt and blue jeans along with black shoes. I was sure I saw eyeliner in his eyes. He looked like all the vampire main character I had read in books. His jaw drops as he looks at both of us.

I had so much fun writing this chapter. Please vote, comment and share.