chapter seventeen

Callidoras POV
I slowly opened my eyes looking at the environment around me.

It looked different from where I usually woke up in. I then heard a muffled breathing around me. I tried to stand up but could not as strong arms were wrapped around me.

I turned around meeting Clemente as he slept peacefully. His eyes were fluttered shut a and his eyebrows grazed his cheek.

I slightly pushed him which caused him to stir awake.

"Morning sugar plum" he said seating up. His voice was deep and he had amazing bed hair.

"What's with the nickname" I asked and he only shrugged.

I can't deny that I blushed at that.

"We slept off last night watching Netflix" I said stretching.

"Yeah...we are almost late for school" he said jumping up.

"I'll get ready and we can leave together" I said and made my way towards the door.

******
As the warm water ran my body, I replayed what happened last night in my mind.

I felt much more more better now that I told Clemente about my horrible past. The reason why I had an interest in vampires.

I miss my parents a lot. Watching them without been able to help them made me feel a pang of guilt each time I thought of it.

I washed my hair with a strawberry shampoo and washed it out.

I stepped out wrapping a towel around my wet body. I found a skinny blue Jean and a black baggy top and black converses.

I wiped my body clean and threw my clothes on. I stretched my hair and let it cascade down my shoulder. I applied a little bit of powder and little red lipstick.

Taking a loaf of bread,I walked sluggishly around trying to toast it and find my apple drink.

After succeeding with this, I sit on my chair scrolling on my Instagram page. Weird, Miranda hasn't posted any picture since the party.

The usual Miranda will post loads and loads of picture with thousands of likes.

I hear Clemente calling my name outside and I walk outside meeting Clemente.

"Did you wait long" he asked as we started walking.

"No, I just finished" I said smiling at him.

"Sorry about yesterday" he said pushing his hand in his pocket.

"Oh its fine" I said. He was talking of what I said to him last night.

"Im glad that you could tell me" he said as we neared school.

"What are friends for" I said and shrugged.

"Does Eva know about this" he asked.

"Nope" I said popping the p. What was the use of telling her. She will probably just think that that was why I was sad if anything came up.

"We are here" he said as we came to the front of the school.

Eva was pasting some papers on the wall. She looked over at us and jogged towards us. She was dressed casually without any makeup on. She still looked pretty any ways.

"Clemente excused himself after giving her a slight nod".

" hey girl" she greeted

"Hey...what are you up to" I asked taking the papers from her.

"Its a play for theatre art students...Mr Joseph will probably pick the casts today along with the scripts"

"What play is that" I really wasn't ready for any play.

"The castle of Otranto" she said

"The castle of Otranto?!" I asked suprised. This play is my worse book, it is very bulky and extremely hard to understand.

"That's like the worse news ever" I groan as we walked to literature class which I dreaded.

Lots of students were talking loudly and making a mess of the whole place. Clemente was making friends with a group of boys.

We made our ways to the back of the class to avoid been noticed my Mr Joseph.

Mr Joseph walked in, a small smirk plastered on his face.

"Good morning students, I'll start with the roll call" he said with a thick French accent.

After the roll call, he keeps the book and adjusts his spectacles.

"I hope you all know of the play coming up, to avoid any conflicts, I made a list of characters and the role they will play along with their scripts, so hearing your name, please step forward" he finished as every one groaned loudly.

I wanted to be at the background reminding people their lines or getting the place ready for the play.

Prince Manfred: Andrew rivers
Isabella: Eva Anderson
Theodore: clemente Maxwell
Matilda: callidora McCall
Lady hippolita: veronica lyms

I practically fell off my chair as I heard my name. Why me? I screamed mentally and glanced at Eva, she looked shocked too but made her way to take her script anyway.

I stared at Clemente who did the same too. I was trying to get rid of my feelings for him and now I have to be his love partner who dies at the end of the play.

I took my script too and flipped it open, it was pretty much.

Mr Joseph keeps on talking about his to present it will giving us some funny gesticulations.

The class ends and the three of us go for lunch. Eva kept on talking and talking of how her brothers were making life a living hell for her.

"Uh...sugarplum, do you mind coming over...so we could study the scripts..... together?" He said not looking at me.

Eva looked at me raising her eyebrows wondering why he was calling me sugar plum.

I blushed deeply before I muttered a "yes" and continued eating.

"Wanna hang out at mine before leaving" Eva asked.

"Sure" I replied before we left.

*****
"Good bye!" Eva screamed waving us goodbye. It was already 7pm and it was already dark.

"Can we still study the scripts" I asked Clemente.

"If you want to" he said and smiled brightly at me.

"Then I'll freshen up and join you" I said before we separated and I left for mine.

I flicked the light on and walked in. Before I could close the door, strong hands grabbed my hand and pushed me against the wall my head smashing against it.

I felt hot, minty breath against my ear.

"Found you"

Hey there, don't forget to vote, comment, share.

Who do you think is the new character because we have one.